Bathurst 2017

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Hey all,

Thought it'd be easier to have a thread for discussion of this years great race in a single spot.

For those without access to Foxtel over the next couple of days and want to watch the leadup, supports, 24/7 classic past races and more than free to air offers I think you can grab a free trial of Foxtel Now which will be able to show the full coverage on a range of devices including PC

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/index.html

Race schedule here: http://www.supercars.com/2017-supercheap-auto-bathurst-1000-schedule-results/

Live timing: http://www.supercars.com/live-timing/

If enough interest/people playing I'll setup a sweep before the start on Sunday for bragging rights (post below if you want to be in it)

1st blood already with Slade taking a decent hit to the rear up on Skyline.

Hopefully fixable - you'd be pretty devastated writing off the whole weekend during the 1st practice.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

sweet im setup. Streaming via PS4. Will use the 2 week trial lol. dont see a need for fox these days when ive got Kodi

edit - utes are on....keen to see the new trucks race when they finally get a full season going

Edited by MBAF
  • Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
25 minutes ago, MBAF said:

sweet im setup. Streaming via PS4. Will use the 2 week trial lol. dont see a need for fox these days when ive got Kodi

I'm the opposite - Foxtel hit critical mass for me a year or so ago with their monopoly on motorsport.

Got to the stage where it was easier just to drink the kool aid rather than whinge every event as it got harder and harder to find live coverage or streams.

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

yeah I dont disagree with the sport side of things, but when it comes to paying for a service like movies and tv shows it seems pointless as ive got them all free on kodi stream so its a catch 22 kind of thing....

That and I never watch it anyway

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

You're right, Ftel is pointless for TV/Movies, but is absolutely worth it for the amount of sport I watch, not just motorsport :spoton:

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Except on GF day when you have everyone around watching Foxtel and realise 2 mins before the bounce that they're not showing the game.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

haha, so true... only the GF in both AFL and NRL are unavailable on Ftel... have known this for years and it sucks :P

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

record everything and watch it later on during the week, if necessary haha

I went all out this year and recorded and watched every single AFL and NRL match... mostly at 6x, though :ermm: I was already recording and watching every single moment of every v8 supercars event, so nothing changed this year there :)