Issues with poor XR6T

XR6TTUB

• Member For: 6y 6m 25d

Gday all!

Here is another video I took early morning yesterday, In this video the ticking,tapping noise is VERY evident

My theory to this noise ATM is Camshaft worn (pitted and spalled camshaft lobes) worse only @ 5-6 cylinders

Might try and find some standard XR6T items and investigate more

Bottom end is quiet hot or cold, Only the cylinder produces the noises (using a doctors type stethoscope and electronic ear)

Kenny

https://youtu.be/mgXM6V3WNyg

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 7y 7m 13d

Sounds like injector noise when you went to the intake side of the car. Perfectly normal if it is. Hard to really tell via a video. If you are that worried get it to your local mechanic and give it a once over but in all honesty cant hear anything sinister via the vids

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 6y 6m 25d

Alrighty!!

Just a quick update for everyone and anyone who is curious what the issue was.

I went and purchased another set of camshafts (later model BF-FG camshafts) and measure the lobes (peaks  of lobes etc)

This made it very evident that the pitting and spalling of cams are signs of bad wear, causing the lobes to "flatten"

So, conclusion is, if the engine has top end knock It'll be the worn cams or bad roller lifters (in my case camshafts were bad) all power is restored! and I don't have the annoying misfire at idle anymore!!!

thanks to all that have replied and tried to help, Very Much Appreciated!

Kenny