Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 1d
Just FYI,

On my last service, the docket stated "Super S 10W40". Upon asking, I got the same deal: "Well, the book says 15W40, but we use a special synthetic blend that we buy in bulk". So, no closer to a definite answer! :blush:

turkey101

Turkey :censored: long time to make the first post.

enjoy your time here :w00t2:

Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee I found a newbie :lol:

• Member For: 19y 9m 19d
Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee I found a newbie :lol:

I feel like cheap sport...:censored:

On the topic though, my service receipt also stated 10w30 and thanks to this forum I questioned it. The dealer agreed that it was supposed to be 15w40 but that it was only an admin error on the service receipt. After long discussion they (apparently) changed it for 15w40. They were either messy or clever enough to spill oil on the engine.

• Member For: 20y 3m 16d
Bring this subject up again to find out how U guys find the synthetic oil that is being used.

I am using BP Visco 5000 a 5w-40 Synthetic that came 2nd in a Head to Head Oil Test, details here

www.performanceoilnews.com/oils_against_oils.shtml

Cheers.

Ah yes, many people seem to stumble across this article. There are way too may issue with the test procedure to mention. I would not judge the performance of any oil based on these results. This test was carried out some time ago and I have spoken to technical representatives from two of the oil companies represented, one of which was present for some of the testing. At the time he did voice some of his concerns, however as the oil from his company performed quite well he didn’t push the issue.

• Member For: 20y 6d

Guys,

I have been told that this stuff is the best and out performs any of the "mass produced" oils out there. Go to the website below and check it out...its apparently the ducks guts as used by drag racers everywhere.

http://www.ulx110.com/

• 7 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 3d
Ken oooooh Kennnn , lookee  I found a newbie :lol:

I feel like cheap sport...:ermm:

On the topic though, my service receipt also stated 10w30 and thanks to this forum I questioned it. The dealer agreed that it was supposed to be 15w40 but that it was only an admin error on the service receipt. After long discussion they (apparently) changed it for 15w40. They were either messy or clever enough to spill oil on the engine.

Gee that sounds very familiar to me as well....

Admin error on Service reciepts seem to be a common thing at Ford and they wonder why we opt to have someone other than ford service our cars

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 18d
Hi Guys

Any suggestions on best suited oil for a XR6T with APS phase 11, and how often should you be changing it?

I was told to change oil anywhere from 5000 to 8000km but now I'm up to 11000.

I would also like to hear sugestions on oil type.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d

Hi Guys,

Have a look at some of thr other forums on oils. I made a few postings on "oil's is oils?" I was told to use 15/40 LPG oil with the Ford brand but Valvoline also makes the same type of oil. Don't know who really makes the Ford brand but I'm sure it ain't Ford! :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 8m
Hi Guys,

Have a look at some of thr other forums on oils.  I made a few postings on "oil's is oils?" I was told to use 15/40 LPG oil with the Ford brand but Valvoline also makes the same type of oil. Don't know who really makes the Ford brand but I'm sure it ain't Ford!  :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ford use a Castrol product not commercially available - but remarkably close to Magnatec in its performance.

• 3 weeks later...