Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 2d

Not a lot of info on the Fuchs out there, and its hard to find these days

I know we've moved on a bit, but for future knowledge and stuff, I can tell you that the base oils used by Fuchs oils (engine and trans) are Castrol or Valvoline.

Whether the oils are made specially for Fuchs, I dont know. But I was a tad surprised to see daily deliveries from these companies by tankers filling up their storage tank farm. The contents of these tanks then are used along the production line with various additives until they are pumped into a bottle.

Not saying their product is bad, but to me if their base oil they are using is just something generic from a large refiner, then its only the extra additives they put in that make it special.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

How's the mower still going? :beerchug:

Bloody good read this whole thread! A must before asking what is the best oil!

Classic, haven't read this thread for ages!

Mowing is still going like a dream, lol. Gives a little puff of smoke on first start but isn't chewing the oil which I thought it might being of a thinner visco than the normal 15-60 mineral oil.

I should whack a royal purple sticker on the mower and add a K&N filter! lol

I've got plenty of pure nitro and methanol that I use for my rc cars also... Look out Tim the toolman taylor

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

hahaha i ran my old mower on avgas and motul 2 stroke oil i have left over from my MX bike....ran like a fuggin dream (for a while :roflmbo:)in the end i couldnt shut the thing off it would run on and on :spit:

Old Nitro also makes great weed killer and it also really handy in a spray bottle for controlling unwelcome kitty cats....... :beerchug::roflmbo:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 4d

Really good read. As I was mentioning before, doing my first oil change tomorrow, and was wondering what the best viscosity would be for a N/A Falcon. From my read I'm assuming a 5W-30, possibly Royal Purple or something along that range.. ( please correct me if I am wrong)

One more critical question, what oil filter do you recommend me running in the falcon considering it is an N/A.

Still learning about the cars, and this forum is definately very informative & teaching me many new things.

Much appreciated

Jack.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Just one thing I think no one hs mentioned here.

Fully synthetic oils are the best protection you can get... IF you change your oil regularly. Fully synthetic oils attract moisture. And if you live anywhere north of Brisvegas then this time of year can hurt your oil and engine. If you have a bike and run it on synthetics this time of year, you will notice within a month there is moisture on your sight glass. Dump the oil as soon as you see this. Moisture does not compress, it expands with heat. Not good in a motor.

So yep synthetics are great and worth the money, if you drive every day and check it every week.