Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 8y 9m 14d

I have an FG MK2 XR6t Ute. Bought it new in 2013. Took it in for first service and they used the same oil they use in everything. Never went back. Did my Apprenticship at a Ford dearlership 76 to 80. Nothing has changed. Do it myself now. I use Nulon 0/40 oil and ryco filter. Changed the manual gear box auto fluid and illed it wth Penrite 70/75 with Nulon G 70 added and got rid of the stock oil feed line and fitted and Earls also got rid of the stock sh*ter and fitted a billet short shifter. My advice for what it's worth. Do it yourself. You could not do any worse than some wet back apprentice they put on your pride and joy.

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

ummmmmmmmm trust me man I could do far worse hahahahahhahahahahaha

the classic was on my old commy where I was trying to change the oil and couldn't undo the sump nut and was thinking 'who the F did this nut up so tight?' moments later it occured to me that I was the last person to change the oil on it!

I spose you do learn as the first and second oil change on my BF went smoothly....mmmm I freaking love those nitrile gloves by the glove company!

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 8y 9m 14d

Always have a workshop manual. Even a Gregorys can help. And keep updating your tools. What worked great on early model cars won't work today. Save yourself some pain.

• Member For: 8y 1m 26d

Hi guys, I bought my 6t at 80k (she was 2 yr old)-she's now done 375k. She never uses a drop of oil and never has, and I've only ever used Elf excellium 5w30 fully synth in it, and change it every 10-12k. According to the oil it Exceeds all the specs laid down by Ford (I checked). I'm no expert chemist on oil but when I used to build rally car motors I used to pay attention to the oil pressure and the absolute worst oil I used for oil pressure at high temp-shell helix! The best oil I found at high temp (minimal pressure loss) was Mobil 1 5W50 or this Elf oil I have used for the 9 years I've owned the car. This whole oil debate is one that is a never ending one with every man and his dog having an opinion, but there are a number of factors you should think about when choosing your oil as whilst Ford have a "recommendation" in the handbook, you have to remember it's only that-a recommendation, and a lot of other factors need to be considered when choosing an oil, the main one being that it meets or exceeds OEM spec. Some of these factors are things like climate (is it hot or cold generally), the way you drive the car (whether you putt around like miss daisy or take it to every second track day etc), the age of the engine and current (if any) oil consumption-some engines will burn oil if you use the wrong grade-my mrs Corolla uses heaps if we put 5w30 in it but none with 10w40, so that's another thing. I find it quite interesting reading some of these comments-I do agree motul is bloody good. Anyway here's a pic to back up the Kms, and as I said before, opinions on what to use are like assholes-everyone has one lol.

5ecf496962a3d34376cd0afe21f1c58b.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d

Hi guys. Looking at doing a complete oil change on my fgx g6e turbo (stock for now with 36,000km) and was wondering what are my best options for engine, auto trans and diff oils. Cheers