Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 9m 25d

Any major brand fully synthetic 15-40w that meets ford specs should be good every f6 is a little different between 6-7 litres mine takes 6.5l so just buy 7l you should be sweet for oil filters I use k&n gold oil filters

• Member For: 12y 3m 25d

No worries thanks mate can you buy k&n oil filters from autobarn? Also are for supposed to change air filters every service? I took mine in for 100000k service and they didn't change the air filter and it was dirty as

Yeah typical no surprises there f*cken mechanics nah not replaced but defiantly cleaned yeah autobhan probably wont have them in stock but they should be able to order em (personally I wouldnt let them service my barbecue) I get mine of e-bay $25 , I use a k&n air filter it's good for a million ks so k&n reckon I blow mine out & re oil it every 5000ks but I service my f6 myself , yet to find an descent honest mechanic

• Member For: 12y 3m 25d

Yeah I was so dirty about it cost me $570 for an oil change and radiator flush at ford in Newcastle 2 weeks later I put hids in so I had to take the air box out and had a look at the filter and it was filthy as rang them up and asked if they change them every service the said of the filter looks dirty they change.

Yep bullsh*t isn't ,my local ford servicing mob want $480 for a minor service& $550 for a major, and all that is oil (probably cheap sh*t), oil filter (cheapest 1 they could find) and a air filter clean which seems no 1dose , that's why I do it myself now & the plus side I can service it every 5k instead of every 10k and use top quality stuff n it's still a bit cheaper than using them!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 21d

I have never payed for a service. If I ever buy a brand new car I would even have to think long and hard about paying for a service, it would kill me.

Supercheap ryco oil filter and nulon 10-40 full synthetic. ( don't use ryco fuel filters though)

• Like 1

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

I wouldn't even know what I get charged. I drop my car off at dealership. They give me a loan car. They service it, send bill to fleet plus. I go back in. Hand them loan car they hand me my car.

Kinda makes all my tools redundant. But I kinda like that.