Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 5d

I have a standard FG XR6T that I have run on Penrite Sin 0W-40 from new and have never had a hi po engine run quieter. Only drive the car every few weeks and even after these prolonged sits there is no startup rattles, no smoke and instant pressure. And it's dinky-do Aussie stuff...bugger the imports!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 21d

I will never give my car to a workshop to change the oil ever again. You just don't know what they are going to use.

I changed the oil in my car for the first time today after having look after by a couple of different places. I decided to only after about 5000kms since the last service due to the oil pressure warning light coming on. I must admit I don't check my oil levels too often as the car doesn't drop any fluids at all. I assumed maybe the oil had just degraded so much it needed to go.

Jack her up, undo the sump plug and nothing comes out.... Not a single bloody drop... How does a car use over 6 litres of oil in 5000? I pull off the filter and it is full of jet black sludge... Not oil, sticky sludgy junk that I have never seen come out of an engine. I'm devastated as I have no idea how bad the damage is internally.

Anyway, I threw a couple of bottles of Penrite 10-50w and so far she's purring. But hopefully the new oil flushes out all the old sludge and I can do another change next week that will get me a few thousand safe Kms. She most certainly needs a full rebuild but ill wait until it expires and then make it a weekender.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Yeh mate id be running oil flush and new oil every 1000kms for a coupla drops to get that crap out

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 3d

I just picked up my new FG on the weekend, bought it from a non ford dealer. Anyway I decided to check the oil last night and it looks like its just been changed, but the clowns overfilled it. It is about 5-7mm over the Full mark on the dip stick.

I have no idea what they put in there so I am tempted to drop the oil and replace it.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 2d

Ok so 15W-40 is recommended for my BA2 XR6T but my mechanic puts in Fuchs 10W-30 which is recommended for the BA2 XR6 N/A. He said I supposed to get better fuel economy. Is he on drugs or am I supposed to get better fuel economy. Std engine with 6 speed manual and get 280km out of 34 litres of Shell Premium 95.