FG-X Sound System Install

k31th

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

if you mean me, then no, there were no crossovers that came with the speakers that were purchased, the full frequency range goes to both the woofers and tweeters but the frequencies were "high pass filtered" to ensure only the relevant frequencies made it via the line-convertor to the speakers and the sub took care of the rest.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Great write up Keith! Put new speakers in the FG over the weekend and this guide was useful to tell me what to expect and save me digging around the wiring diagram for speaker colours.

I put some fairly basic Rockford Fosgate 3-ways in the doors and used the Aerpro spacers to replace the factory mounts - super easy.

Not audiophile spec by any stretch, but the it's like night and day compared to factory speakers

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 7m 4d

Hi Keith,

It looks like I just bought your father's XR8 Sprint, had it transported from a NSW dealership to Tas. I have a small problem with the sound system and just stumbled across your post. There is no sound from the front door speakers and the crossovers are only just there. Any ideas that might save me some time? I have downloaded some manuals for the components.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

no sound from the front speakers is a matter of following the wires and ensuring they're all getting connection (continuity test on a multi-meter) and then if they're all connected, swapping out all RCA's to see if the fault follows an RCA cable... if still a problem at the fronts only, it'll be a setting either on the amp or the ICC which is fading the signal to the back only.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

He always keeps his cars in immaculate condition. He moved it on back around July/August 2019 from Melbourne... interesting that it ended up in Sydney.

by the way, :Welcome2FordXR6t:

Thank you,

It was advertised as a one owner 48000Kms from a Ford Dealership at Yallah. I will look after it, I've only owned Falcons, this is my third. Had an XC for 21 years then my EL XR6 for 17years which I still have. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Keith,

I did get this system working nicely again, just a couple of minor connection problems. Just wondering on the off chance if you kept the original speakers from the sprint? Not that I want to now but I do like the idea of having the factory parts for originality in the future.

Regards,

Gerald.