must read before doing auto headlight conversion on BA/BF

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 8m 13d

Bit of a read but worth it if your putting in auto headlights, will save you time and a headache.

So I ended up doing a dual zone conversion in my ba (with a little help from one of the forums I found) and thought I may as well do the auto headlights aswell as it was just changing the stalk because everything else was there.

It was actually quite simple, leading on - about the problem I encountered, so everything with the dual zoned worked as planned can't say as much for the auto headlights. I had a problem with the warning sound for headlights left on (when on auto).

After weeks of finding no information on the issue me as the guy at my local wreckers decided to just change what we though might be the problem (indicator stall, BCM, disconnecting battery and resetting computer ect).

He suggested that because the sound is coming from the cluster that maybe if we put an dash out of a Fairmont (or xr with auto headlight optioned) and see what happens. This DID fix the problem and my question is (as well as leaving this information for the next guy) has this happens to you and if so can I get the cluster code swapped with the code from one that was optioned? 

My my car has just hit 100xxxkms and I do not want to replace with a cluster with massive ammounts of kms and I cannot find one with close enough kms.

Edited by Hezabot