FG F6 - System Comms Fault whilst driving

bzerkone

• Member For: 16y 9m 12d

So I have a system comms fault that comms up whilst I am driving... when this happens the car will usually continue to accelerate even with my foot off the accelerator, or when slowing down and pushing the clutch in the car will start to rev or the revs surge.. If I turn the ignition off and back on the fault resets but generally comes back soon after.. anyone know what this could be? I am thinking maybe a TPS issue... It used to happen once in a blue moon now it happens every time I drive it more than 15 minutes..

• 7 months later...
  • To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

Another mine of a thread that has not been looked at for a while. I hope the OP is still around.

@bzerkone, if you get a system comms fault show, did you try and read the codes off the ECU?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

I had this problem popup again about 6 months ago. Turned out the ground cable from the battery was disintegrating and turning to dust inside the rubber. Switched it out and added another cable to another ground point and no problem since.

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

Yep - when my neg terminal was not tight on the battery on my FG F6 - all sorts of lights and wizardary happened on my dash to the point where (well for obvious reasons of lack of current flow) the car would not start.

Tightened the neg terminal screws and all good :thumbsup:  

At least had a reason for being late to meet the marketing lady when I offered my greased up hand (no time to clean it properly after hunting around the engine bay for the root cause before the meeting with her ...) :roflmbo: 

• 2 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 5d

Dam I love this site.  I had the same issue.  Read this thread on my phone.  Yep lose negative battery terminal.  Boom 2 minutes from problem to phone to fix. 

• Like 1