A couple of issues

dutchy351

• Member For: 10y 3m 16d

Hi guys

A few questions. I have just had my 05 mkii xr6t tuned after a large round of mods (process west 2.5 intercooler kit, 3 speed auto c4 trans, xforce dual 2.5" exhaust, nizpro 72lb injectors, process west surge tank)

I have run into an issue where the traction control is turning itself off under WOT acceleration and wont turn off until I turn the car off and back on. I'm not sure what this could be attributed to.

The other issue that I'm running into is again on WOT from the 1-2 shift the car is acting like I have jumped off the accelerator and back on again, it doesn't seem to do it if I'm putting around or under semi hard acceleration.

Anyone got any ideas?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

Sounds like a Torque management issue "IF" the tune is set up correctly for the C4, who tuned it after the conversion ?

Empire mechanical and racing in Sydney. Which issue are you referring to? The TC or the fact that it's acting like I'm getting off the throttle? To explain that correctly my foot is still flat to the floor and I hear the bov activate then it's boosting again in second. The issue doesn't seem to occur with the 2-3 shift

• Gold Donating Members

Torque management is the core strategy in the calibration that will have the biggest influence in snapping the throttle body shut ( or partially shut ) if the ecu is seeing the engine operation past areas that's been set up correctly. Your Tuner needs to load the car up on the dyno and data log it at WOT throughout a gearshift and he should be able to work it out quickly ;)

Thanks for the info man. I have to go back to them to touch up my tune anyway as they ran into some boost issues with the standard solenoid not coping with anything over 14psi and overboosting. I'll install an aftermarket controller and head back to them.

• Gold Donating Members

The standard solenoid can handle 35+ psi so unless it's faulty it wont be that and even when it goes faulty its stuck open so will command low boost levels

sounds like your IWG isn't big enough and needed a port job ? 

Either way a good tune shop should be able to work with standard hardware up until big hp figures :) 

• Like 1

Hmmmm. I have a 12psi turbo smart actuator hooked in, and they did a port and flapper mod on the turbo prior to the tune. Well the aftermarket boost controller has already being ordered so I guess there's no going back from that. Edit - forgot to mention while looking over the car yesterday I found one of the hoses from the underside of the process west plenum was not hooked up, God knows if it was like this while they were tuning. Could this have attributed to the overboost issue they were running into?

Also for curiosities sake I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and checked for fault codes. Here's what came up 

P0801 (reverse inhibitor control circuit)

P2105 (throttle actuator control system - forced engine shutdown)

P1507 (idle air control under speed error)

I'm guessing the P0801 is related to the c4 given the fact that it can't read anything from the standard box anymore, the other 2 seem to be linked perhaps. Shed any light on it? I really appreciate the help man. 

Edited by dutchy351

So after a bit of reading it seems that you were right given the codes that came up. From what I can understand the ETC values are set incorrect and the car is shutting down the ETC with excessive wheel spin rather than correcting the vehicle, I'm guessing that this can also be the reason for the car to snap the throttle body closed when shifting gears. I noticed that it only does this after the ETC is stuck off from excessive wheel spin. 

Atleast I hope this is correct