True trac/ upgrade transcooler

Zok1

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 7d

I have an Eaton Trutrac in mine, have to say if I had it to do again I would go clutch style LSD. Half the price, and yes you do have to replace clutches but about that time you will probably need to do the bushes any way.

Negative of the Trutrac for me is they wine a bit and you get wheel spin for the single wheel before the other cuts in. Plus it is only LSD when accelerating and single spinner when decelerating or costing so if you use the gears hard to slow down not the same efficient and different balance. Also if one wheel lifts on fast corner it will hit the ground spinning slower than opposite wheel, where as the convention LSD still spins at the same speed when it hits the ground which makes it easier to handle. Ture trac is only better on gravel. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Agree with what serb said.
Trutrack is a heap of junk in my opinion. If it's an auto and you only punch it in a straight line every now and then it'll be ok.

Under straight line acceleration they're ok, crap everywhere else. Rubbish under decell and engine braking, noisy when doing so aswell.

• Member For: 5y 7m 19d

Yeah personally also not a massive fan of the Trutrack. I've gone with the Borg Warner/ Dana centre on my G6ET this time around and am very happy. (this is the same diff centre as the XR6T)

I think this is the right ones...

FORD PART NO: BG 4880 B,  BG4880B.