Na xr6t exhaust recommendations

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 8m 14d

So I just bought an fg f6 engine for my ba xr6, looking at an exhaust and can't really seem to find what I'm after. Must be stainless and really want a twin system - the Nizpro almost had me until I realised it was a single. 

Im aiming for 400 (for now then down the track when I do a bit I'd want 550rwkw and don't want to have to change much so want keep same exhaust. Defiantly don't want anything droney and somewhat quite in cruise. Let me know what you guys think. I will pay the extra money for quality by the way 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

You mean you want two single tail-pipes on one side of the car or double-twins on both sides?

For either, you can split it near the IRS from a single to a twin. The rear only shows the tailpipes ;)

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

Dual exhausts are generally accepted as less droney

@Hezabot if you want a quality twin exhaust that'll handle 550rwkw then a Manta dual 3" would have to be one of the highest flowing exhausts off the shelf out there.

Pricey though.

http://www.mantapro.com.au/exhausts/ford-falcon-ba-bf-turbo-4-0l-6-cylinder-sedan-all-models-inc-xr6/

If you let them know your setup they could supply you an FG dump pipe and remainder of the system to suit BA, any mods needed at the dump pipe end should be extremely minor and they'd be able to do.

If you can handle (some) drone then get a single 4" with dual tips for maybe half the price from say xforce; or nizpro (more expensive and hated by some) or SMB do a top quality unit.

Otherwise just go a reputable exhaust shop and get a full custom setup.

Edited by camo86T

4 hours ago, k31th said:

You mean you want two single tail-pipes on one side of the car or double-twins on both sides?

For either, you can split it near the IRS from a single to a twin. The rear only shows the tailpipes ;)

Double twins - dual tip and either side of the car. 

I don't want cheapest, I want quality. Would rather pay 3k for something that works over 1.5k for something that's not what I want. Within saying that the set up my brother has is xforce and I like it.

I heard that the manta are fairly drony (the guy did have a single exhaust though).

when I say dual I mean two tips on either side of the car, tip on drivers side and tip on passanger side. I had a look at that one and from what I can see they are dual but only on one side of the car?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 17d

You don't want cheapest, you want quality

You have a BA XR, but bought an FG F6 motor for it

You'd rather pay 3k for something that works than 1.5k for something that isn't what you want (..?)

You like your brother's cheap exhaust

You're really confusing me buddy :)

So what you want is a quad tip exhaust, xforce make them as keef said, don't know if too many others do off the shelf

Google tells me CAPA sells them as well, whether they make them inhouse or are any good I've no idea.

http://www.capa.com.au/ford_exhaust.htm

Nizpro will do a custom version of their exhaust if you ask and have the $$$ handy.

Xforce quality can be sub-par, they'll let you make the power but construction is rough and ready in my experience at least, I've had to re-weld my dump pipe flange at least twice due to the material cracking  which seems to be a common fault over time. Mine is a mild steel system though, about 6 years old.

If I were you and wanted a quality staino quad system that I wasn't scared to spend coin on, I'd get one custom made exactly the way I wanted.