04' mk2 BA ute 554rwkw

DC-Auto

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 3m 16d

it has been a while since I have made any updates, I have been doing some tuning with Ash Mason from Wiring and Tuning Solutions, and we have ran into a few small problems with sensors and fuel pumps which has limited our tuning sessions. So far the results are promising but we are far from our 26-28psi tuning targets, and so far we have only had a chance to tune on pump 98 fuel, don't forget this is through a 1500hp transbraked TH400 with a 3500rpm stall which robs power.

9.7psi = 524rwhp

14psi = 571rwhp

16psi = 593rwhp

17psi = 609rwhp

We are expecting over 700rwhp on pump 98 at 28psi, but our tuning was cut short, the 10yr old Bosch 044's were getting tired and fuel pressure was dropping off at 7000rpm. 

Since last post, I have done a little more work, Racepack street dash has gone in to compliment the Haltech elite information. TrueTrack and diff rebuild with 3.45:1 gearing, CVR Brake vacuum pump has been installed as I have about -3" of vacuum without it. New mac electronic boost solenoid as my old one had died, and a magnafuel pro tuner 750 (2000hp rated) fuel pump and new fuel lines  

9psi Dyno run

Atomic cams

Edited by DC-Auto

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

there's only so much a cam can push on a valve to be opened and how long it's open for and there's an obvious diminishing return point and you reach a maximum... but I won't get any further into it than that, because you obviously know these things already. Dyno is just a tuning tool, anyway :) let's see what it runs on the strip :spoton:

• Member For: 10y 5m 27d

It runs 10.8 manual with 390kw haha. I think you will be suprised with what your own car will make if you even get it running again... big turbo makes the power easyer to achieve and you've got size in that department covered.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Keith.    Cams make all the difference to power up in the 7k + zone.  

Doesn't even compare to standard cams  at 6k 

In the old days cams and upping the compression were the things to produce big peak power. 

These days you just add e85 and crank up the timing and boost

Edited by arronm

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

sounds like it would just shift the powerband, in that sort of "old days" application, wouldn't it? upping compression would definitely work, but it's not used in this scenario.