(P1228 WAIST GATE FAIL/UNDER PRESSURE)

Aromeo177

• Member For: 6y 9m 17d

Hello fellow comrades...

RE: EMISSION LIGHT APPEARS ON DASH.....THEN WILL GO AWAY......AND THEN IT WILL COME ON AGAIN.....  

If anyone out there can help me out with this very annoying problem please contact me ASAP !

I have been to a mechanic and what I got told after performing the test which came up with the following reading:   ( P1228 WAIST GATE FAIL/UNDER PRESSURE ?? ) was that he was pretty certain that I needed to replace my waist gate, in which he was happy to order and quote me on for around the $650 mark. 

Should I go to Ford get them to tell me what the problem is or by changing over my waist gate fix the problem?

Someone else told me I need to replace the Actuator, someone else told me it could be a sensor playing up, got also told it could be my turbo, what more can I say other than these days you cant trust anyone with your car as they are FOS! And just want you to open your wallet $$ ... 

I am stuck on what to do and am thinking of paying the $$ 150 per hour to Ford and get them to diagnose the problem & fix.

Any comments replies much appreciated, 

Thanks

Regards,

Adrian.