FG F6 Monsta Torque - 335/363kW

furiousgibbon

• Member For: 16y 7m 10d

I've owned my manual 2014 F6 from new and never thought it was lacking power, but I always said that once it's out of factory warranty it's going to get a poke in the engine bay, and a few other mods to make it a solid car for as long as I want it.

I'd already done a few things to the car to support track use over the years - Brembo 6/4 brakes from factory, DBA5000 2 piece front rotors, braided lines and high temp fluid, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Shockworks coilovers, staggered 19" Work wheels with 245/275 Pirelli PZero tyres. I run staggered 18" Enkeis with Nitto NT01s for track. I'd also installed a Herrod intake for increased turkey sounds. 

I dropped the car off at Monsta Torque and they fitted an IMS diff hat and new OE front diff bushes, billet oil pump gears, Venom 100cpi cat, Jonny Tig stepped intercooler and piping kit, 1000cc injectors and two dyno tunes - one specific for track use with a focus on smooth, controllable delivery and consistent power that peaks at 6000rpm, and the other one a bit more wild, something that I could short shift on the street and have some fun. 

The car put out a high 307kW in its existing form (on the hub dyno), but that run was done with the venom cat installed as my original was failing and a bolt snapped off in the flange when it was removed to do the oil pump gears. Rob said a stock F6 normally puts out 280-290kW on this hub dyno.

The peak output of the tunes are 335kW @ ~6000rpm for the track tune and 363kW @ ~5800rpm for the street tune, with torque peaks of 620Nm and 700Nm respectively. I did have torque curve printouts but I've misplaced them, they were flat as a table all the way through. Rob ran the track tune up again afterwards and it generated 337kW.

I gave the street tune a decent go but it's pretty lairy, need to ease open the throttle in the lower half of the rev range to avoid lighting it up. It hooks up perfectly in 3rd gear WOT from 80km/h and is kind of insane. A fun tune but one I'll probably only use occasionally.

The track tune is absolute perfection. I couldn't imagine anything better than this. Traction is even better than stock. First gear hooks up perfectly, then a bit of a scrabble into second before it just fires the car down the road with ridiculous pace. Torque delivery is perfect and peak power at 6000rpm makes the engine feel limitless.

Image shows track tune (red) and street tune (blue). Stock readout was on another sheet but not a useful reference as it was done with the cat installed. 

Can't wait to get this onto the track!

dynotrackstreet.jpg

• Like 3

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Hey glad to see this all tuned and finished up buddy and looks like the Jonny Tig stepped intercooler kit is working a treat with those back to back results :) 

need some pictures of the F6 now 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 7m 10d

First time in a long time that I've had a chance to give it a wash. The car gets a lot of looks since this IC went in, not necessarily what I was after but it's definitely cool as hell. 

For anyone considering the same IC/piping kit, the standard intake won't fit at all and the Herrod intake hits the top radiator mount (as it gets shifted back to fit the IC) and will need to be modified slightly to fit correctly. 

Still loving this power, I've switched tunes a few times but the 335kw track tune is definitely my favorite. Has the best throttle response and torque delivery.

IMS diff had is going well too, I used OE side bushes so there is no increase in NVH.

F6-0817-1.jpg

F6-0817-2.jpg

F6-0817-3.jpg

• Like 8

• 5 years later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 6d

Awesome car, mate!

I live around the corner from Jonny Tig's workshop.  I wanted this cooler for my FG, but he told me he doesn't make them anymore.

Hopefully this combo is still going strong for you.  Jonny said he'd consider making a batch if a few people wanted them at the same time.