18x9 / 18x11

peps

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 3y 6m 23d
On 30/05/2017 at 7:33 PM, OZYWALKER said:

Fronts will clear fine, may need to roll the guards depending on how low the car is.

Rears are a different story, need measurements of the tray and chassis from a wheel with a known offset.

So do you know for sure that the 18x9 +25 will fit the front(inside and out). I think the front is about 10 to 15 mm down on my fg xr6t ute (mca red series coilovers) about to order rims just so much info and some say stuff will fit and some say it won't. Also thinking 18x9 +35 or +25 for the rear aswell

Edited by Red13

So I'm guessing a 9.5 for the rear at a +35 would sit quite nice then it the 10 at 40 are good. Would +35 be better or would that be getting close to the suspension.

How narrow a tyre I wouldn't like anything under a 245 with 255 preferably.

Edited by Red13

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 8m 6d

I've Koya SF09 20x8.5S 25ET with 245x30 up front (to protect rim I guess) on an FG ute along side MCA purples, looks to be a gap of around 40mm from suspension bits inside of tyre, guard lip is rolled slightly and they have never scraped.

Rears are SF09 20x11D 30ET with 295x30 and similar gap to springs. there's currently a gap of 20mm tyre to guard and as kings springs slowly sag it makes them look better. There's somethin about any car with full guards.

Has 355mm xyz brakes which have a big gap of around 40mm to rim in case anyone was wondering, previous owner could have put on 380mm rotors. lol

Hope that helps

5 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

I've Koya SF09 20x8.5S 25ET with 245x30 up front (to protect rim I guess) on an FG ute along side MCA purples, looks to be a gap of around 40mm from suspension bits inside of tyre, guard lip is rolled slightly and they have never scraped.

Rears are SF09 20x11D 30ET with 295x30 and similar gap to springs. there's currently a gap of 20mm tyre to guard and as kings springs slowly sag it makes them look better. There's somethin about any car with full guards.

Has 355mm xyz brakes which have a big gap of around 40mm to rim in case anyone was wondering, previous owner could have put on 380mm rotors. lol

Hope that helps

Hey thanks mate I've decided to go with the sf04 in an 8.5+25 front and a 9.5+25 rear and see how a 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 go. I think I need to bring the back down to match the front so its flat also as they are still stock springs in the back so it sits quite high. Was thinking of getting herrod spring though haven't made up my mind between them and kings yet.