FGX G6E TURBO BUILD

Upinder

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Yeh I got one old capa box.  Came with the BF Nizpro car

I cashed in my capa box for trade in. Now all of my 3 turbo cars run xcal 3. I still never use them.  Simon does the work , then I just chuck them in the draw

• Member For: 11y 7m 4d
On 09/07/2020 at 9:02 PM, Admin (as if) said:

I think that switch thing is a bloody ripper idea havent seen it before I want it. 

back in the day we had to pull over and flop out the xcal and sit there for 15 minutes in a servo and upload different tunes lol

Give PCMtec a go you can change tunes using the steering wheel now.

• Member For: 9y 9m 21d

You can do that as well with PCMTEC if you want.

On 08/07/2020 at 11:25 PM, Typhoon said:

I know of a dead stock TCM tune being used on a $10000 built box. 850hp engine. All the “tuning” as such is done from within the Haltech!

You can do the same thing with the stock PCM where you manipulate the torque tables to trick the box into anticipating more torque than is actually being produced. If you have changed all the clutch packs etc it is not really an optimal way to do it though and it will be very clunky on shifts. Some people "tune" the trans by accident in a similar fashion by screwing with the speed density to the point the load (and hence torque) is very inaccurate.

Edited by rollex
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 7m 4d

8 hours ago, rollex said:

You can do that as well with PCMTEC if you want.

You can do the same thing with the stock PCM where you manipulate the torque tables to trick the box into anticipating more torque than is actually being produced. If you have changed all the clutch packs etc it is not really an optimal way to do it though and it will be very clunky on shifts. Some people "tune" the trans by accident in a similar fashion by screwing with the speed density to the point the load (and hence torque) is very inaccurate.

pcmtec has come a long way from when I first used it on my car that is for sure. keep up the good work @rollex