FGX G6E TURBO BUILD

Upinder

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Tune switching is available on the stock pcm which can have multiple tunes. The stock pcm can also tune the ZF transmission, which the haltech can't.

If you run a plugin haltech you have to use another program to tune the ZF transmission, which will be PCMTec if you are going to a workshop.

Stock pcm = good.

Haltech = good.

They're different things for different purposes but imho there would have to be a compelling reason to switch from the stock/custom os pcm to a haltech.

• Member For: 19y 6m 5d

Im not completely across the PCMTec stuff but I can tell you that line pressure can be adjusted through the modification of the torque model table within the Haltech software. Shift point load can also be adjusted along with torque reduction responses.

You cant adjust shift schedules or overlaps.

You can’t adjust any torque reduction requests.

That needs to be done directly through OBDII writing to the TCM. You can turn off torque reduction although I think this is ignition cut for smaller reductions rather then larger cut requests.

If you run a stock rev limit and run a stock TCM tune you can actually make some changes using the Haltech. Although this is not directly writing to the TCM, its just modifying advertised torque data to the transmission to get it to respond differently.

Im hearing some of the best ZF tunes run surprisingly stock files. 

Im curious to know how the PCMTec stuff writes to the TCM through the ECU? Or is it a direct flash to the TCM.

• Member For: 11y 7m 3d
15 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Tune switching is available on the stock pcm which can have multiple tunes. The stock pcm can also tune the ZF transmission, which the haltech can't.

If you run a plugin haltech you have to use another program to tune the ZF transmission, which will be PCMTec if you are going to a workshop.

Stock pcm = good.

Haltech = good.

They're different things for different purposes but imho there would have to be a compelling reason to switch from the stock/custom os pcm to a haltech.

don't quote me but haltech will be able to do zf stuff soon that is what I been told. 

PCMTEC has come a long way.

The reason I went haltech is I got EGT in my car, staged fuel setup, nos, co2 boost control.

if any one is going haltech just remb that plug in play ecu does not come with many input and out put I had to get two I/o box to make sure I had enough.

Edited by Upinder
  • Like 2

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

I think that switch thing is a bloody ripper idea havent seen it before I want it. 

back in the day we had to pull over and flop out the xcal and sit there for 15 minutes in a servo and upload different tunes lol