Xr6t problems..

Bfxr

• Member For: 6y 11m 14d

Hi everyone! I'm wondering if anyone can give me some help with my car. I have recently developed a problem with my transmission.. so when I turn on to a highway and I'm driving to get to the speed limit of 110 my car won't change gears passed 80km it just revs out like its stuck in 1st or 2nd gear I then have to use sequential mode to change my gear manually and then it's right.. this happens everyday but when I'm on a road that has a lot of corners and the speed limit is 100km the car shifts perfectly without any of the problems.. the trans fluid is fine I've had it checked, I've replaced my battery and throttle position sensor.. I've got got codes of u2196 & u2197.  Please help!! ?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 26d

I am not sure what model you have, if it is ba,bf or fg.

I have this webpage book marked for this reason.

https://fordforums.com.au/dtc/dtc.php

You can check your codes on that page assuming you choose the right model.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 26d

There are a lot of people that can help but their faith in humanity has disappeared.

We have a lot of people who sign up on the forum, ask questions and get help and then do a runner and never come back.

I hope you can see why there have not been many answers yet.

I ran those codes on the website and got this:

U2196    
Description:    Invalid ?Engine RPM? data.
Other:            PCM output data failure. Check PCM module. Conduct Functional Test: Gauge Test.

U2197
Description:   Invalid ?Vehicle Speed? data.
Other:           PCM output data failure. Check PCM module. Conduct Functional Test: Gauge Test.

U2197
Description:    Invalid vehicle speed data.
Electrical:       Damaged wiring or connections between the VSS and PCM.    
Other:            Error on the SCP system between the VSS, PCM, IC and DLC Incorrect VID programmed in to PCM. PCM, IC, ABS not running current software and calibrations.

U2197
Description:    Invalid Vehicle Speed data 
Other:            CAN bytes for vehicle speed is read as $FF from PCM. BEM default speed data used is Zero. Test PCM.

I am no mechanic and I am no professional either,but logic tells me that you may have an issue with a sensor or your pcm is fobar.

The other alternative is you have had your car tuned and the calibrations are wrong.

Has any tuning been done to the car?

• Like 3

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d

sounds like my old BF, lol hope its not.

probably a loose connection somewhere or bad earth.

if it is my old BF the box is cooooooooooked. shifted fine on the test drive cause I made the wheels spin.

Edited by skidxr6t
  • Like 1

• Member For: 6y 11m 14d

Well I've had the car for 9 months and I've done absolutely no modifications to the car in anyway, it's stock as a rock, I've had it in to see Ford and they couldn't even help me. They had the car for 5 hours just to tell me that my negative battery terminal was loose, luckily for me they only charged me for an hour labour but that's beside the point

• Like 1

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d
3 hours ago, Bfxr said:

They had the car for 5 hours just to tell me that my negative battery terminal was loose

Can you see evidence of them cleaning the terminals or do you think they just tightened them?

Do you know when the ignition coils were changed last?

Edited by skidxr6t