What do you think of the new kia stinger gt? The next f6?

mike0819

• Member For: 17y 16d

I drove a little Kia Cerato hatch rental the other day and f@ck me cars have come a long way. It was a 6 speed auto and everything worked well well and it drive great. Compared to the Hyundai excel I was a passenger in in the mid 1990's this thing was like an S Class.

I will take a look at the Stinger when it's time to say goodbye to the G6ET.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

people need to realise that Hyundai and kia have finally caught up to the rest of the work making some nice cars now and have stopped sitting 10 years behind everyone playing catch up.

good on them.

I will definitely be watching the stinger closely and seeing what Hyundai bring to the party which is on the cars from them coming soon.

• Like 1

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I agree they have come a long way. However still a work in progress. I've had a rental Rio and one of the Kia SUVs recently. Interiors looked good, but plastics were still poor (feels like everything in the door flexes as you close it). Sat nav/entertainment systems were mega glitchy and autos were horrible. In fairness though both had done about 50k as rentals.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

Mike,

The Kia Stinger is up the top of my short list when I decide to upgrade.  How long is the Kia warranty?   SEVEN years??  How is Kia doing in the quality stakes?  Check this out!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2016/06/22/jd-power-quality-study/86240824/

Has everybody been happy with Ford Customer Care?  Not this guy!  www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApiBQATb6c

Those of us who bought the ZF auto instead of the manual probably side-stepped any issues relating to driveline shunt and rollover noise.  I asked my Ford Service Manager how to extend the life of the bushes in the rear end of my FG.  He advised me to keep the turbo off boost!!  True!!  I guess we've all long since swapped to Superpro or similar??

I am now driving my FIRST Ford (FG XR6T) because I was unhappy with my VY SS and the way that GMH looked after me.  When customers vote with their feet and wallets, Car Co's either shrivel or lift their game to avoid falling below critical mass. 

For the Ford zealots, please note that the Kia also uses an oval badge.  If the Kia badge is so offensive, maybe you can dig it out with a screwdriver and superglue a Ford badge in its place?   Yes - this is a tongue in cheek windup. 

But seriously.  What's on your shortlist?  Keep the XR6T going just like the XU-1 zealots keep their Toranas going?  It's a possibility.  A Mustang is a bit small for a family car and two doors are a pain.  BMW's cost too much.  The Subaru STI looks OK but 221 kw's is a bit lame these days.  If it's got forged pistons, it could be retuned BUT does it have forged pistons?  And now we have the Kia and Hyundai V6 turbos offering us RWD, twin turbos, a 6 cyl engine not a 4.  And both the Kia and Hyundai are copping good reviews in the quality stakes.

PAH

• Like 1