How to install an Earls filter kit

My_XR6_Turbo

• 1 year later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

FG F6 turbo is the same as B series, FG XR6T turbo is slightly different, read this thread 

Given the thread you're posting in, if you're asking whether the same Earl's filter kit will work on either, answer is yes.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 10m 9d

Hi guys, I just removed the factory hardline out of my F6 Typhoon and replaced it with a braided kit from GCG turbos.

I noticed that the AN adaptor that screws into the turbo does not actually feed all the way flush against the turbo, seems that the flared end of the adaptor must seal against the restrictor way before it uses all the thread on the adaptor. Does the Earls kit do the same thing?

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 4y 7m 22d

I just did the change, and pulled out the oil filter to gain better access. It all went quite well (apart from having to cut the old line to get it out, but that doesn't matter, does it?). I had to buy a different banjo to mount on the turbo (my Ford FGX is an ex-police unit, so they probably modified it in some way), but it all went together in the end.  When I removed the fitting in the block there was no filter in it anyway, so I don't know if the police removed it or Ford when I had it serviced. The Ford agent told me it had a replacement turbo fitted about 30,000km ago, so something went wrong, and maybe they removed the filter then. So thank you very much for this post, it was very clear, and I appreciate the trouble to which you went in order to post it. Many thanks.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yeah, the mechanic probably removed your filter when the turbo failed as that's a common failure point for the turbo's.