Tyre Size and Offset Help for 18s on FG Ute

Camden

• Member For: 6y 11m 9d

Have looked through so many of the wheel threads but cant seem to find a lot of FG ute guys running 18s of similar sizes.

I am looking at the Koya SF01 - 18x9 +15 fronts and 18x10 +10 rears

As I'm wanting a higher tyre profile to fill the guards out, wondering if anyone knows if a 245/45r18 tyre would fit on the front with these rim specs? If not would a 235/45 be more suitable as it would have more stretch? I know the suspension bolts are close and what not, just not sure how close.

Also looking at running a 275/40 tyre on the rear, will +10 offset fit in without any guard work? is there a more suitable option that will fill the guard as much as possible?

Any help appreciated!

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

well I tried 17x10s +15 on the rear of my fg ute and the rim sat just outside the guard. for that heckticness maybe what kids like these days but looked effin stoopid. 

offsets does my head in and working them out so that's all I can offer ya hahah.  

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 26d

Fronts a 245/40 or a 255/40 on 18x9+25 will fit. Shouldn't need guard work unless your stupid low.

Rears a 285/35 or 295/35 on 18x10+35 would be as flush as you can go without rolling or trimming the guards turned in lip.

Speedo will be around 1-1.7% out with those sizes according to the interwebs.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 3y 6m 23d
On 19/04/2017 at 10:00 PM, OZYWALKER said:

Fronts a 245/40 or a 255/40 on 18x9+25 will fit. Shouldn't need guard work unless your stupid low.

Rears a 285/35 or 295/35 on 18x10+35 would be as flush as you can go without rolling or trimming the guards turned in lip.

Speedo will be around 1-1.7% out with those sizes according to the interwebs.

So an 18x9+25 will definitely fit or would a 35 be better for the front of a fg ute