Ba xr6 feels wavy in front

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 8m 15d

(This is going to be a bit difficult to explain, anyone that's felt it before will know what I'm on about)

I've done almost all the bushes/ball joints all around the car now (front 15-20xxxkms ago rear maybe 1k), all rear bushes done and front all but engine mounts and rack ends (the ones inside the rack) and it just feels like when I hit a bump it tracks that way til I pull it back in line. When doing high speeds like 140-150 it just moves way to much and feels almost unsafe in a way (it not heaps bad, if I hadn't driven my mates car probs wouldn't notice much)

was told it it was suspension so I bought white line swaybars (front and rear) and bilstein shocks and Lovells springs (not to happy when this as I suspect are starting to sag)

tyres are fairly cheap and fronts are wearing on both ends tyres checked regularly at 40 psi (makes me think it was a ball joint because it's like the tyre is moving on camber in and out constantly) 

thays enough ramabaling, anyone experienced this or know what the problem is. I'm going to be replacing all front end with superpro and genuine ford ball joints again and I'll do the rack ends this time 

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 1d

I had my old BA xr6t and it drove like a pig

it drove like a pig

I took it to many shops, many many shops.

but it drove like a pig.

I reckon it had been pranged real bad then fixed.

sold it, got a BF that drove freaking sick and never had any weird issues with alignment or too much under steer while cornering or problems with high speed stability but sold it just recently before the gearbox blew up or something.

go and replace your tyres with decent quality rubber that isn't old and at the correct pressure as said above but if it still drives like a pig then maybe check if the thing has signs of accident repair. or maybe some one didn't install the bushings correctly?

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 7y 8m 15d
im almost 100% sure it hasn't been in an accident, it doesn't drive even close to what I would call a pig, just a bit off. I put a pedders control arm in (other side had all genuine ford rubbers, long story why I did this) bit when I took in for pedders inspection he told me I got a bad batch and it had to be repaired under warranty (this may be the problem, but I doubt that it had problems from the second it went it) any way I'll change all tuners again, wheel bearings, new tyres and see how I go

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 7d

When I got my BA it tramlined and followed bumps like crazy. In the wet it felt downright dangerous. Bought new tyres and it is perfect now. I went from Dunlop Sport SP3000 (I think) to Goodyear Eagle F1 (the cheaper version).

+1 for quality tyres and correct pressures for both performance and safety. Even beyond your current issue, there's no point putting a bunch of decent suspension gear in and running crap tyres.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

+1 for tyres

Can you chuck the rears on (if the rears are in better nick) and see how it steers?

Try mid/high 30's PSI and see if any better?