Whats it worth ?

LukeFG

• Member For: 7y 5m 8d

Have you ever been chased by the police?

I have seen their pursuits many times and seen their total disregard for the vehicle.

it's just a tool to do the job. If that job requires smashing over a traffic island at 80 kph , running up perpendicular gutters at speed or using their vehicles as battering rams , they will.

have you ever rented a car?

have you ever had a company supplied car?

tell me you would treat them the same as your own.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d
1 hour ago, Kinash said:

Have you ever been chased by the police?

I have seen their pursuits many times and seen their total disregard for the vehicle.

it's just a tool to do the job. If that job requires smashing over a traffic island at 80 kph , running up perpendicular gutters at speed or using their vehicles as battering rams , they will.

have you ever rented a car?

have you ever had a company supplied car?

tell me you would treat them the same as your own.

No, I've never been chased by the police.

Yes, I've seen pursuits.

So what if it's a "tool to do the job"? Mine have always been tools to be given a belting every now and then :idunno:

Yes, I've rented cars.

Yes, I've had a company supplied car in the past.

Yes, I treat them just as my own because I have mechanical sympathy. So... where does that leave us?

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 5m 14d

When my friend was in WAPOL he said the coppers used to flog the sh1t out of the XR6T's & the GEN III's as he said to "get their money's worth" out of them So I would never get an ex-chaser even though they have been serviced regularly etc.

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 10m 10d
12 hours ago, blacktur8oute said:

yeah I agree they are well maintained serviced etc but surly them running 24/7 as they don't turn them off wouldn't be a good thing

One heat cycle is better than multiple cycles. Why do you think taxis can go a million km's on the same engine? 

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 5m 14d
One heat cycle is better than multiple cycles. Why do you think taxis can go a million km's on the same engine?
After reading some of the experiences of forum members, I'd be more worried about the timing chain skipping teeth, as I doubt they would ever check anything like that unless there was an obvious problem.

Then again I'm always a little paranoid when it comes to big purchases so don't mind me
  • Like 1