Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice re: 10 inch rims on FG+ sedans (fitting within guard).   I purchased the Superpro Rear Blade Control Arm Kit (Extra Clearance). It’s pricey, so my tip is to sign up as a trade member

I got 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms out of my ATR2s and there was was still more tread on em than that    Anyway, for purposes of this thread   18x9.5 +10 fronts with 235/40R18 Michenli

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide the

Posted Images

Hi guys, I'm looking at a set of secondhand wheels for my 2015 fgx xr6t, they are, ws imports Volk rays engineering, 18 x 9.5 fronts with 265/35, 18x10.5 rears with 285/35 tires +20 offset. Will these fit and be suitable, is the offset correct and will these stick out of the guards, will it look good? The wheels are the bronze coloured 6 spoke ones. My car is white. Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

these are some nice wheels that make it look like they're moving when they're not... Inovit Turbine 20x9 and 20x10.5 - not sure on offset or suspension or guard work as I saw them on facesucks

EUimhLP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/09/2020 at 11:44 PM, Slowxr6t said:

Hi guys, I'm looking at a set of secondhand wheels for my 2015 fgx xr6t, they are, ws imports Volk rays engineering, 18 x 9.5 fronts with 265/35, 18x10.5 rears with 285/35 tires +20 offset. Will these fit and be suitable, is the offset correct and will these stick out of the guards, will it look good? The wheels are the bronze coloured 6 spoke ones. My car is white. Thanks guys

That size rear will not fit. 18" rim in that width will hit the trailing arm. +20 offset will put them well outside the guard. You need a 19" rear if going wider to clear the trailing arm

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I found these wheels I like they are 20x 10 +40 all around. I have FG XR6 sedan it’s lowered with long springs super low so not. Might be super super low but it’s got factory 19s and still plenty of room. 

Would I have an issue with clearance with these wheels specs both front and rear and would guards need to be rolled or any modifications as just want wheels that fit the without doing other mods. 

Also what size tyre could I run to fit. 

Thanks,

Hey guys,

Found some wheels in the specs in the subject. Will these fit on an FG sedan without guard rolling and clearance issues? 

Also what size tyre would I need to run to fit. 

car has kings super low maybe SSL but factory 19s still have decent amount of room. 

cheers 

• 2 months later...

aftermarket probably did... don't think they changed it for FG but it doesn't matter either way as you can fit them up rotated or whatever anyway as those 2mm don't make any difference on a stock suspension setup.

My apologies, stock is +36.5 on the front and +28.5 on the rear for the ones that have the staggered offset (argents, primarily), so this is actually 8mm difference, not 2mm like I was thinking haha, but it still doesn't make any difference to fitment.

Adding more to the "positive" offset means the rim sits further inside the guard as the "mounting point" is moved in a positive direction from the centre of the rim which results in the rim itself being moved in the direction of the diff because the mounting point in reality doesn't move.

Conversely, removing offset means the rim starts to "poke out" more.

e.g. -20 offset will poke hugely, +40 offset will be well inside the guard and potentially fouling on suspension components ;) (unless you get big fat width wheels that compensate for the loss/gain of offset in a certain direction, suspension or guard-wise)

staggered is just a way to say the front offset is different to the rear (or sometimes in rare cases just the width difference), that's all... and yes, 255;s fit fine on a 8" rim but you wouldn't want to go any wider than that and they'll have a bit of rubber overhang on the edges of the rim and it's up to you to care about that from an aesthetic point of view.

So the 8mm difference, will sit closer to the diff(inside ) ,will this leave a funny look from the guard to the rim itself, I heard they did this for better handling or was it just for rear brembos ,I did have a set of argents on my f6 before ,from memory the bloke that sold me them said they came of a bf gt ,I do remember fitting them with numbers labelled with sticky tape for front and backs as I bought them of a friend