Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice re: 10 inch rims on FG+ sedans (fitting within guard).   I purchased the Superpro Rear Blade Control Arm Kit (Extra Clearance). It’s pricey, so my tip is to sign up as a trade member

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide the

I got 2 years 4 months and 55,000kms out of my ATR2s and there was was still more tread on em than that    Anyway, for purposes of this thread   18x9.5 +10 fronts with 235/40R18 Michenli

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Front will be ok. Rear will need to be +30 or +35. 

Will to check clearance if you have brembo 

Edited by arronm

Hello, 

I am new here and just wanted to ask what tyre size will fit on a ford xr6t fg sedan? the wheels I will be running is a Simmons fr1 19x8.5 (+35) in the front and 19x9.5 (+40) in the rear. I don't want any tyre stretch or a lot of tyre poke and want the biggest tyre you can put of this wheels with out it hitting in fenders or any steering components, Also if possibly please post photos of your own cars fitment, sorry if this has already been answered, cheers.                                                                                                                                                                                         fr-1-19x8.5-glossblack-4stud.jpgfr-1-19x9.5-glossblack-4stud.jpg

Hey guys, I don't have the time to look too much through the post.

So I'll just pretend that I didn't know that someone has probably already answered my question!!

I'm due to replace the rear tyres on my FG, and I have a pair of new 275/35/20"

Kumhos just sitting there in my shed (didn't fit under the guards on my BA!!)

Will they fit under the guards on my FG?

I'm running 8.5" wide with +35 offset..

I've done some quick measurements, and I don't think they will.

However I read that many people are running them??

Cheers Ken

I will just pretend I forgot the answer.

12 hours ago, Not bad said:

Hello, 

I am new here and just wanted to ask what tyre size will fit on a ford xr6t fg sedan? the wheels I will be running is a Simmons fr1 19x8.5 (+35) in the front and 19x9.5 (+40) in the rear. I don't want any tyre stretch or a lot of tyre poke and want the biggest tyre you can put of this wheels with out it hitting in fenders or any steering components, Also if possibly please post photos of your own cars fitment, sorry if this has already been answered, cheers.                                                                                                                                                                                         fr-1-19x8.5-glossblack-4stud.jpgfr-1-19x9.5-glossblack-4stud.jpg

255 35 front.  285 30 rear

• Like 1

I have gone and purchased some new rims for my fg sedan ! 18/9.5 rear 18/8.5 front . So before I buy some tyres I’m asking the brains trust before I potentially waste my money. I had chosen a 275/40r18 at rear with a maximum diameter of 677 mm and 245/45r18 for front which also has max at 677 mm . The vehicle may in the future be lowered to ssl at rear . Can anyone shed some light on potential issues I may run into with this setup. Cheers in advance.

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

I live in regional NSW, and the quality of the roads out here are pretty 'exciting'. I am currently running stock 19 inch luxury pack rims on a FG Mk2. They still have the original factory 245/35/19 tyres on them. In terms of tread there is plenty left. The car is otherwise stock, although I have some springs/shocks I am yet to put on.

Recently, I hit a pothole that resulted in a large enough dent in the rim to break the seal and destroy the tire - I was driving in the dark on a 'main road' at 80km/h. I had to get the rim lathed to get it back into shape. Because I live in BFNW, I had to put on whatever they had in stock at the time - some lower tier pirelli, mostly likely a dragon sport - and I paid about $300 for the privilege. I have been meaning to change it but haven't had a chance yet.

Now I have another flat - different tyre. I have had a gutful to say the least. 

Because I am an old bloke, I remember when a 50 profile was a pretty big deal. I also have a hankering for steel rims, probably from back in the day when 'chasers' were all the rage on the street scene. I appreciate the steelies are heavier and the trade-offs, but I am trying to recapture my youth.

So I want to go with higher profile tyres to deal with sh*t roads and I started looking at rims. Got on to these:

http://www.tarziatyrecentre.com.au/dynamic-17x9-d-shape-ford-falcon-au-ba-bf-fg-fgx-s

paired with Kuhmo V720s, Hankook Rs4 or Bridgestone RE003. At one stage, I was also thinking black Enkei RFP1, but I am less convinced about that. The overall diameter of the wheel is smaller by 0.4%.

A couple of questions, how do you think the steelies will go in terms of fit? They are only available in 9 and 10 inch so I was a little concerned about the front. Was going to go 9 all round as I didn't think I would get 10's under the back without dicking around or scrubbing.

I was hoping @JETURBO   might have seen these an can provide some advice as they down his neck of the woods.

Or if you could recommend alternate black 17s, that would be great. 

Thanks guys.

Dan

tyre compound provides heaps more traction than the little extra width you get with wider wheels, so go with the ones you know will fit, which will be the 9" ones and fit sticky tyres like you're trying to do. The ones you linked will fit 100% fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Fair few views of this one but no comments - I'm Guessing that they must be an odd ball type of wheel.

Admins, I've probably put this in the wrong forum section - can I move it to the Wheels section?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone was looking for some help / advice. Looking at purchasing a set of Genuine Vertini Drift wheels.

I had purchased a set of aftermarket rims previously which had the same stud pattern as my ute but the centre bore didn’t fit and I had a break wobble.

From what I understand these will fit my car with no problems or rubbings but I came here for advice and clarification.

Currently my 2013 FG Ute runs stock 19inch rims.

The rims I’m looking at buying are 20x8.5 and 20x10, correct stud pattern and they’re coming off a Sedan Falcon, there should be no reason I can’t run these on my Ute is there? Shouldn’t be any difference in fittings? Thanks in advance for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm looking at getting some new wheels for my sedan, they're XXR 527's. I'm fairly confident that the setup will fit but want to be 100% sure.

Front: 19 x 8.75 +15

Rear: 19 x 9.75 +15 

I was originally going to get +38 offset on the rears but I thought +15 might look a bit more flush with the guard.

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide they can go on the rear without running into guard clearance issues.

I had my wheels custom made as a one off set, just like Jumbuck did. I was trying to achieve maximum possible width in tyre contact for my street setup.188kkkI.jpg?1

Rears pictured, are 19x10.5 +52 offset

KhY0fpX.jpg?1

Tyres are:

Front 245 35 19

Rear 295 30 19

Measuring across the tyre the rear is 315mm. I wouldn't advise going any wider than this.

fQfW1et.jpg

There are a few modifications to be made to accomodate this setup..

Superpro control arms (plus the addition of 2mm shims to add a fraction more clearance)

Low profile bolt in upper shock mount

Shortened shocks.

NO guard work required.

Can just make out the shims between arms and hub

BH3q1MB.jpg?1

1yfFslS.jpg?1

pIYLpkS.jpg?1

The shortened shocks lift the wheel slightly at full droop to avoid contacting the chassis

CodmRBG.jpg?1

I measured 6mm clearance to guard

Nj7frlc.jpg

edit: the car is a 2015 FGX XR8. 

The shocks were shortened by 10mm

The upper shock mount was modified by notching a square into the bolt hole to allow an internal locking bolt and the fixed nut was ground off the back to add a nylock nut for tightening

htPguHI.jpg?1

Thanks again to Jumbuck

• Like 3

very nice :spoton: ... must have been a bit of an expensive endeavour, but it looks to be about as tight a squeeze as you can get... you didn't have to roll/pump the guards?

Yes, was quite costly. But Im hoping it will be worth it once I achieve the power levels Im chasing. The tyre/grip levels on these are very under-engineered for the stock power levels, not to mention 500rwkw...

And no, no guard rolling required whatsoever. Even at full compression there is plenty of clearance.

• Like 1

Tein Coilovers, but surprisingly no. With this high positive offset it keeps the wheel well away from the guard. Have tested it to the extremities of the suspension travel, even fully compressed against the bump stop it still has 6mm clearance to the guard