Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 5y 3m 25d

@JETURBOso I'm looking at getting a set of 4 new fpv wheels for my 15 fgx xr6t to fit over my new 6 pot brembos. Question is if I get a staggered set 8 inch front, 9 inch rear and I get a puncture in a front tire, will the 9 inch wheel off the back fit the front? I could use the factory spare on the rear then to get home. There's only about a bit over half an inch room between the stock front tire and the suspension arm that goes up and over the tire. Or do I have to buy 8 inch all round? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 2y 7m 4d

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has run 19x10.5 +22 for the rear set on a FG, and if you have what things did you have to do in order for the right fitment.

My car is on SSSL on the rear and SSL on the front so Im just need to know before I buy the rims.

• 2 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

factory rims are all +36.5 offset (except for rare staggered ones), but you can confirm the specifics here -> https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/falcon/

Use willtheyfit to see the difference. They'll definitely fit as it's such a minor change, but they are slightly differently positioned as compared to factory.

e.g. https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=36.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8.5&offset2=36

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d

Looking for a sanity check on rims and tyres. Suspension height is basically the same as stock and I have no real desire to roll the guards.

Front

20x9.0 +40 w/ 265/35R20

Compared with stock this will poke out 9.2mm which should be fine but will also sit 16.2mm closer to the suspension. Is the later going to be a problem and rub?

Rear

20x10.0 +45 w/ 305/30R20

Compared with stock this will poke out 16.9mm which I think should also be fine. The big question is the suspension, these would sit 33.9mm closer and I believe the stock gap is ~40mm so I'm not sure that 6.1mm is enough margin once you account for 305 width tyres...