Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

My apologies, stock is +36.5 on the front and +28.5 on the rear for the ones that have the staggered offset (argents, primarily), so this is actually 8mm difference, not 2mm like I was thinking haha, but it still doesn't make any difference to fitment.

Adding more to the "positive" offset means the rim sits further inside the guard as the "mounting point" is moved in a positive direction from the centre of the rim which results in the rim itself being moved in the direction of the diff because the mounting point in reality doesn't move.

Conversely, removing offset means the rim starts to "poke out" more.

e.g. -20 offset will poke hugely, +40 offset will be well inside the guard and potentially fouling on suspension components ;) (unless you get big fat width wheels that compensate for the loss/gain of offset in a certain direction, suspension or guard-wise)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

staggered is just a way to say the front offset is different to the rear (or sometimes in rare cases just the width difference), that's all... and yes, 255;s fit fine on a 8" rim but you wouldn't want to go any wider than that and they'll have a bit of rubber overhang on the edges of the rim and it's up to you to care about that from an aesthetic point of view.

• Member For: 4y 7m 6d
So the 8mm difference, will sit closer to the diff(inside ) ,will this leave a funny look from the guard to the rim itself, I heard they did this for better handling or was it just for rear brembos ,I did have a set of argents on my f6 before ,from memory the bloke that sold me them said they came of a bf gt ,I do remember fitting them with numbers labelled with sticky tape for front and backs as I bought them of a friend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Hi guys, Im looking to upgrade my 2015 fgx xr6t front calipers to brembo 6 pistons. I need fpv wheels to clear them. I have the opportunity to buy a set of 18 inch BA GT wheels for a pretty good price. The guy says they clear 4 and 6 piston calipers but just wanted to check up with you blokes first before I part with my cash. Does anyone know?