Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Fair few views of this one but no comments - I'm Guessing that they must be an odd ball type of wheel.

Admins, I've probably put this in the wrong forum section - can I move it to the Wheels section?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

I think they're Vertini Monaco... oh and #merged

edit: this guy had 'em, too: https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/48416-rims-what-have-you-got/?do=findComment&comment=1559583

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 8m 26d

Hey everyone was looking for some help / advice. Looking at purchasing a set of Genuine Vertini Drift wheels.

I had purchased a set of aftermarket rims previously which had the same stud pattern as my ute but the centre bore didn’t fit and I had a break wobble.

From what I understand these will fit my car with no problems or rubbings but I came here for advice and clarification.

Currently my 2013 FG Ute runs stock 19inch rims.

The rims I’m looking at buying are 20x8.5 and 20x10, correct stud pattern and they’re coming off a Sedan Falcon, there should be no reason I can’t run these on my Ute is there? Shouldn’t be any difference in fittings? Thanks in advance for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 8m 6d

Hey guys I'm looking at getting some new wheels for my sedan, they're XXR 527's. I'm fairly confident that the setup will fit but want to be 100% sure.

Front: 19 x 8.75 +15

Rear: 19 x 9.75 +15 

I was originally going to get +38 offset on the rears but I thought +15 might look a bit more flush with the guard.

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 6m 28d

As I found Jumbuck's posts from August last year the most helpful in determining my wheel specs I thought its only fair I post my findings. Hopefully this will help anyone wanting to know how wide they can go on the rear without running into guard clearance issues.

I had my wheels custom made as a one off set, just like Jumbuck did. I was trying to achieve maximum possible width in tyre contact for my street setup.188kkkI.jpg?1

Rears pictured, are 19x10.5 +52 offset

KhY0fpX.jpg?1

Tyres are:

Front 245 35 19

Rear 295 30 19

Measuring across the tyre the rear is 315mm. I wouldn't advise going any wider than this.

fQfW1et.jpg

There are a few modifications to be made to accomodate this setup..

Superpro control arms (plus the addition of 2mm shims to add a fraction more clearance)

Low profile bolt in upper shock mount

Shortened shocks.

NO guard work required.

Can just make out the shims between arms and hub

BH3q1MB.jpg?1

1yfFslS.jpg?1

pIYLpkS.jpg?1

The shortened shocks lift the wheel slightly at full droop to avoid contacting the chassis

CodmRBG.jpg?1

I measured 6mm clearance to guard

Nj7frlc.jpg

edit: the car is a 2015 FGX XR8. 

The shocks were shortened by 10mm

The upper shock mount was modified by notching a square into the bolt hole to allow an internal locking bolt and the fixed nut was ground off the back to add a nylock nut for tightening

htPguHI.jpg?1

Thanks again to Jumbuck

• Like 4

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

very nice :spoton: ... must have been a bit of an expensive endeavour, but it looks to be about as tight a squeeze as you can get... you didn't have to roll/pump the guards?

• Member For: 4y 6m 28d

Yes, was quite costly. But Im hoping it will be worth it once I achieve the power levels Im chasing. The tyre/grip levels on these are very under-engineered for the stock power levels, not to mention 500rwkw...

And no, no guard rolling required whatsoever. Even at full compression there is plenty of clearance.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

what's the suspension setup, then? I guess you'd need to do gaurd work with a setup like this if you lowered your car enough to need it.