Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 3y 10m 28d

Hello, 

I am new here and just wanted to ask what tyre size will fit on a ford xr6t fg sedan? the wheels I will be running is a Simmons fr1 19x8.5 (+35) in the front and 19x9.5 (+40) in the rear. I don't want any tyre stretch or a lot of tyre poke and want the biggest tyre you can put of this wheels with out it hitting in fenders or any steering components, Also if possibly please post photos of your own cars fitment, sorry if this has already been answered, cheers.                                                                                                                                                                                         fr-1-19x8.5-glossblack-4stud.jpgfr-1-19x9.5-glossblack-4stud.jpg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

you've got plenty of options for tyres, realistically. have a look through this thread for options with similar spec rims.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 2m 28d

Hey guys, I don't have the time to look too much through the post.

So I'll just pretend that I didn't know that someone has probably already answered my question!!

I'm due to replace the rear tyres on my FG, and I have a pair of new 275/35/20"

Kumhos just sitting there in my shed (didn't fit under the guards on my BA!!)

Will they fit under the guards on my FG?

I'm running 8.5" wide with +35 offset..

I've done some quick measurements, and I don't think they will.

However I read that many people are running them??

Cheers Ken

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

I will just pretend I forgot the answer.

12 hours ago, Not bad said:

Hello, 

I am new here and just wanted to ask what tyre size will fit on a ford xr6t fg sedan? the wheels I will be running is a Simmons fr1 19x8.5 (+35) in the front and 19x9.5 (+40) in the rear. I don't want any tyre stretch or a lot of tyre poke and want the biggest tyre you can put of this wheels with out it hitting in fenders or any steering components, Also if possibly please post photos of your own cars fitment, sorry if this has already been answered, cheers.                                                                                                                                                                                         fr-1-19x8.5-glossblack-4stud.jpgfr-1-19x9.5-glossblack-4stud.jpg

255 35 front.  285 30 rear

• Like 1

• Member For: 4y 3m 18d

I have gone and purchased some new rims for my fg sedan ! 18/9.5 rear 18/8.5 front . So before I buy some tyres I’m asking the brains trust before I potentially waste my money. I had chosen a 275/40r18 at rear with a maximum diameter of 677 mm and 245/45r18 for front which also has max at 677 mm . The vehicle may in the future be lowered to ssl at rear . Can anyone shed some light on potential issues I may run into with this setup. Cheers in advance.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 6m 27d

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

I live in regional NSW, and the quality of the roads out here are pretty 'exciting'. I am currently running stock 19 inch luxury pack rims on a FG Mk2. They still have the original factory 245/35/19 tyres on them. In terms of tread there is plenty left. The car is otherwise stock, although I have some springs/shocks I am yet to put on.

Recently, I hit a pothole that resulted in a large enough dent in the rim to break the seal and destroy the tire - I was driving in the dark on a 'main road' at 80km/h. I had to get the rim lathed to get it back into shape. Because I live in BFNW, I had to put on whatever they had in stock at the time - some lower tier pirelli, mostly likely a dragon sport - and I paid about $300 for the privilege. I have been meaning to change it but haven't had a chance yet.

Now I have another flat - different tyre. I have had a gutful to say the least. 

Because I am an old bloke, I remember when a 50 profile was a pretty big deal. I also have a hankering for steel rims, probably from back in the day when 'chasers' were all the rage on the street scene. I appreciate the steelies are heavier and the trade-offs, but I am trying to recapture my youth.

So I want to go with higher profile tyres to deal with sh*t roads and I started looking at rims. Got on to these:

http://www.tarziatyrecentre.com.au/dynamic-17x9-d-shape-ford-falcon-au-ba-bf-fg-fgx-s

paired with Kuhmo V720s, Hankook Rs4 or Bridgestone RE003. At one stage, I was also thinking black Enkei RFP1, but I am less convinced about that. The overall diameter of the wheel is smaller by 0.4%.

A couple of questions, how do you think the steelies will go in terms of fit? They are only available in 9 and 10 inch so I was a little concerned about the front. Was going to go 9 all round as I didn't think I would get 10's under the back without dicking around or scrubbing.

I was hoping @JETURBO   might have seen these an can provide some advice as they down his neck of the woods.

Or if you could recommend alternate black 17s, that would be great. 

Thanks guys.

Dan

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

tyre compound provides heaps more traction than the little extra width you get with wider wheels, so go with the ones you know will fit, which will be the 9" ones and fit sticky tyres like you're trying to do. The ones you linked will fit 100% fine.

• 4 weeks later...