Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 4y 5m 6d

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Im currently in the process of selling my 2011 FG Falcon XR6 and im putting a fresh set of tyres on the car before I take it in for its RWC.

I put aftermarket 20x8.5 inch rims on the car a few years ago and the tyres are 245/35/20's all around and ive been told that there is the possibility it will fail its RWC.

Can anyone tell me if this is the case and if so is there any way around this issue or would I have to put the factory 17 inch rims back on to pass the RWC? Apologies for my ignorance, im not very car savvy.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it'll be fine with the 20's to pass a RWC (but best to call a RWC shop in your area to confirm - some states vary their limitations).

• Like 1

I live in Melbourne also. Ive heard you can check off a placard on the car but I have no idea where to find it? Everyone keeps telling me youre only allowed rims that are 2 inches bigger then what the car came with standard which would mean id only pass if I had 19s.

Is this correct?

Edited by ecnav

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

the tyre placard is inside the drivers side door around the door jamb area.

yes, 2 inches bigger than what it says there... but realistically I think you'll be fine with 2 inches bigger than anything your variant came from from the factory, which would be 19's stock on XR6T etc variants.

Apparently there is an app I can run the placard details through to check if the rims are compliant? Im getting the tyres replaced today and id hate to spend $500-600 on them only to have to turn around and buy another set for my stock 17" rims in order to pass the RWC test.

• 4 weeks later...

In order to pass a RWC in Victoria with 20 inch rims on my 2011 Ford Falcon XR6 I had to get 245/30/ZR20 tyres. The 35's didnt pass.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone down the line 👍

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

is that because the 35's weren't correctly load rated for the vehicle? or is there some other rule that meant you had to go down in 5mm of sidewall?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 4y 2m 26d
On 02/06/2015 at 1:46 AM, winstor said:

Do you want to run 18 or 19 inch?

18x8.5 +32

18x9.5 +30/38

19x8.5 +30

19x9.5 +30/38

The 9.5 +30 offset will sit a smidge outside the guards but can be fixed with a rear camber kit.

You will be looking at the Work D9R, it is the successor to the XD9.

Quick search on ebay and you will find them for 19x9.5 = $351/ea, 19x8.5 = $337/ea, 18x9.5 = $337/ea, 18x8.5 = $322/ea

Will a 18 x 9 +38 work on the front?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

stock rim is 19 x 8 +36. How much clearance do you have to the shock tower now. 

With stock rim backspace is 151mm.  9 inch +38 is 166mm backspace. so sits in a further 15mm , then allow for tyre.