Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 5y 1m 20d
On 29/08/2019 at 10:12 AM, Triplex.r8 said:

Thanks for the response. Im running Tein coilovers all round (due Shockworks not avail here in NZ), CAT600 bushes and Nolathane centre, Wavetrac LSD, 4.11 diff gears and being manual I am exposed to my fair share of NVH. Good to know M/T's quiet things down, while new at least. My FGX is actually the XR8 so slightly wider wheel from stock 19x9 et43. Not sure if theres any change to rear end vs XR6? Maybe sway bar? 

Out of interest did you attempt to drive it while spaced 15mm as above? Looks like it would foul the guard but I know looks can be deceiving. If I cant run the 45 offset I may be left with no option but to get custom wheels like you have done $$$$$

Thanks again for your help

I did not attempt to drive with the 15mm spacer on. I would suggest it would hit guard on bumps though, 19 x 10 ET +40 with > 275 would definitely poke out a considerable amount.

ET +45 would likely poke too I believe.

Custom rims may be the only option.

Work wheels from Japan seem popular and there is a big range of styles to choose from which you can check will also fit over any brake setup you have. They can manufacture to any offset.

Now that you mention it, sometimes I miss my XR8, such a nice car dude!

Fs18CLY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 6m 28d

I noticed you are running 245 35 19 tyres on the front and 285 35 19 on the rear which has altered the front vs rear rolling diameter from stock. Has this caused any Traction control or ABS issues? And did you get the speedo recalibrated? Cheers

• Member For: 5y 1m 20d

Hi,

- RE: TC, I generally deactivate traction control. in the few times I have had traction on I have not experienced any issues.

- Unsure as to ABS as I have never brake in a way that ABS has taken over. No faults showing.

- RE speedo - not recalibrated. Percentage change will only result in a few km/h difference, so I am not too concerned.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

@Luka sintic I just made the assumption you had a sedan for some reason....

18x9.5+10 will be basically nearly identical distance to the guard as my 19x10.5+22

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=265&aspect=35&diameter=18&wheelwidth=9.5&offset=10&width2=285&aspect2=30&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=10-5&offset2=22

Photos below, ended up trimming 15mm off the guard as it scrapes hard when suspension is compressed otherwise

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 9y 8m 6d

Hi Team,

I am just having my car fixed (yay) and looking at getting new tyres/wheels. I'm opting for ROH RF4 Matt Black 19" 8.5 35ET on front and ROH RF Matt Black 19" 9.5 35ET on rear.

Looking at maybe the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Can I use 245/40 on Front and 275/35 19"s on rear without rolling? 

Thank you