Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

Use willtheyfit.com throw in the stock v new offsets and measure up to see what suits.
It will be safe either way, stock has slot of room for movement in or out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 13d
Yeah I’ve seen one guy running 9.5” +15 all around but the rears poked a bit and the fronts looked close as. Sadly Rota only make them in 9.5” :(

im thinking the +20 might be what I end up doing and then doing some trial and error with ride heights when I get coilovers
Old post I know im running 18x9.5 +18 all round on my fg with 245/40/18 tyres F&R
rear guards rolled & sat fine with sssl rears & ssl fronts, its sitting on coilovers now & no scrubbing 13689e8e85e948ea122376a4953cc958.jpg
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 10m 27d

I'm currently in the process of finding a good set of rims/tyres to suit a 2010 fg xr6

The car im purchasing is the colour code VP (Viper/Purple) I will be running stock suspension and was looking at 19" rims 8.5 front/9.5 rear width.

What is the range of the offset that would suit? Furthemore what would be suitable sized tyres for these rims considering I'm wanting a staggered set-up.

I would also like a slighly lower front than rear without suspension mods. 

Would appreciate some help

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

put a level against the guards to the ground (and make sure its plumb). measure the distance from the level to the existing rim.

then go to https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/falcon/ to find the existing size/ offset of your rims.

then go to https://www.willtheyfit.com/ and enter the existing measurements, then the measurements that will make it flush with he guard if you want it flush. adjust for poke, or in a bit, or whatever.

I wouldnt go closer to the strut, and if your increasing rim diameter you might even need to go further away. pop your hand to the the top of the rear of the tyre and feel what kind of clearance you have.

Edited by Panda Eyes

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

It's hard to comprehend how many people can't use will they fit.
Got a work mate with a ranger and he thinks offsets don't matter....

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 5y 1m 20d

advice re: 8.5 inch wheels on FG+ sedans.

fitted Work Emotion CR-2P to FG-X sedan.

- 19 x 8.5 w’ + 35 offset

Wheel fitted with 245 Pirelli P-Zero tyre which sits with 7-8mm clearance of suspension arm,

Beware if using the newer P-Zero PZ4 tyre as this tyre has a thick rim protector (10mm+) which causes the tyre to foul on the suspension arm (if using +35 offset - Talking from experience.

If anyone making custom order for wheels - and looking for near factory fitment, I would recommend offset of no less than +30 if opting for 8.5 inch wheel. Ensures any 245 tyre used will fit and not foul on suspension arm.

+35 will fit, but some high performance tyres with aggressive rim protectors may foul on inner side.

Edited by Jumbuck

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 9m 23d

Hello there,

I am thinking about getting some new rims and run the new 245/35-R19 Falken Fk510 is just got for my factor 19".

I like the idea of using OEM style wheels but was looking at the Nissan OEM forged wheels and came across the Skyline V35 Coupe wheels. they are Rays Forged one piece wheels Nissan use from factory. I have found a set relatively cheap on Gumtree for about $650. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/golden-grove/wheels-tyres-rims/rays-forged-wheels-with-new-tyres/1225066514

Apparently they are quite light about 8-10Kg per wheel, id say much lighter than the current ones, so maybe a bit of a performance gain also.

Has anyone on here fitted a set of these on a FG falcon Sedan from my understanding and using the "will they fit" website the sizing and offset difference isn't huge from my Factory 19"s. I like the idea of these being a lot lighter and will work with my new tyres. Now I think the Nissan centre bore is 66mm and the ford is like 73.1mm but I am sure I can use come centre bore spacers?

Stud pattern is - 5x114.3
Fronts - 19 x 8 +33
Rear - 19 x 8.5 +35

will be looking to fit my 245/35-R19 Falken Fk510

thoughts? excuse my sh*tty Photoshop lol

4C7AE78740B16CDA810AA75D52489210.JPG

4C7AE78740B16CDA810AA75D52489210_new.JPG

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t: what width wheels and what model car and which specific wheels (as the shape of wheels can cause issues with brembo calipers)