Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d
On 19/07/2016 at 9:32 PM, frozenxr6t said:

Who knows what rims these are.. ive gone from loving black on white car to white on white car and want these or similar in 20s

They look kinda like Rota SVN (which will end up being replica of some expensive rim). 

20s are for the gheys :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

This thread is humungus and so asking the learned tyre folk of this forum who have contributed to this thread for some info.

I'd like to buy some replacement 19" dark argents but seen that there are 36.5p and 28.5p offsets ones on eBay.  I'm after 2 of them so wondering what's best to buy - looking for genuine FPV 19" dark agents.

Can anyone tell me what is the stock offset that comes on the stock wheels for FG F6 19" dark argents for front and back?  I may take some of the tyres off on the weekend to have a look at the metal stamps on the inside (unless they can somehow been seen whilst the wheels are still in place - can they be seen whilst the wheels are in place?).

Also - hearing that there are different offsets for front and rear now makes me concerned about rotating wheels (normally rotate my fronts to my back and fit new rubber to fronts) and what about the spare 19" dark argent in my boot (can it be used on both front and rear)?

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

So here is what I got back from the eBay seller

all Ford since AU use 36.5p offset all around. only selected FPV models come with 28.5p on rear. better handling. any Falcon based model can use staggered offset, but from factory only FPV comes like that. 

you can either run

4x 36.5p

or

2x 36.5p front
2x 28.5p rear
(spare on FPV is 36.5p)

you should avoid using different offset... like one rear 36.5p and one 28.5p

and you should avoid using 28.5p at the front. rear offset wheels stick out a bit more and if you hit a bump while turning... tyre could touch the edge of the guard.

hope this explains

Does this sound true from people's experience with their cars?  Appreciate any feedback/comments :beerchug:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Hey k31th does the FPV come from factory with 36.5p upfront and 28.5p offsets in rear or do they come 36.5p all around?  I'm not clear on that :beerchug:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Thanks guys - I will check in the manual and for the placard.  I'm thinking of going 36.5p offset all around then for both front and rears to make it easier to rotate my tyres like on my BA XR6T.

Is there another reason FPV would have gone 28.5p offset in rears apart from looks good?  Does it really affect performance (like the eBay seller is saying) or are there brake clearance reasons?

:beerchug:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

No reason other than better alignment with the guard, it seems. Having a very slightly wider track will enhance dynamic loading in the rear, but I doubt it would make much of a noticeable difference.