Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 13y 2m 11d

I might be the odd one out here... But chasing the right offsets to get a good amount of tuck on my fg ute.

Preferably running 20's and going as wide on the rears, won't mind if the guards need a little slap and tickle!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 3d

Just looking at some vertini Drift 20's 8.5 front and 10 on the rear. Car is stock. they wanna fit 245/35 on the front and 275/30 on the rear. wots the go with offset with these coz I have absolutely no f*ckin idea.

Chiz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

Use a calculator (willtheyfit.com or 1010tires.com) and a tape measure.

Compare what you have on your car against what the calculator says.

Stock ford rims are 8inch wide and +36 (some are +36.5). This is BA/BF/FG...pre AU was something completely different (0 offset I think?).

Also I think you'll need to reprogram the speedo with those 35/30 profiles for 20s...or just use your brain to remember how much the speedo is out as you drive :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 2d

Finally got my new rims and fitting came out exactly the way I wanted (quite flush). Just want to say a big thanks to everyone on this forum esp this thread for sharing their knowledge. wouldnt have been able to figure out the exact offsets otherwise. unfortunately found out during the install that one of the wheels was damaged on arrival and the shop will be getting me a replacement this week so I will throw up some pics after everything is fitted.

• Member For: 13y 10m 29d

Got some 18x8.5 (+15) and 9.5 (+15)Koya Drift teks with 235/40 and 275/35's for my XH work ute the other day and tried em for size on the green one.... I think they look ok but are a little too small in diameter for the FG. They didn't rub except for a very slightly at the front when turning into a driveway.

IMG_2885_zpsbxfvfauc.jpg

IMG_2890_zpszwmlugmm.jpg

IMG_2883_zps0zteskml.jpg

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 30d

First time on this forum is probably 3 years - a zillion PMs about offset and widths regarding FG's haha fml.

Well, I'm back. And happy to help.