Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 7d

Tocchi has used neg camber and suspension to tuck them in, works but will wear the tyres.

Look up what your stock offset is. FG FPV are 19x8 +36.5.

Use the calculator - http://www.willtheyfit.com/ and measure on the inside and outside of what you have stock and compare to what you have entered for new size in the calculator.

that's what I did. Its harder for f6 and gt owners cause they also have to clear bigger brakes.

As for the redrilling the pcd, the company I got them from are the dealer for the wheels so still under warranty. If you get done yourself be carefull.

Edited by RynoF6

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members

These will help too

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Why you want mega wide front? There is some good tyres that give excellent grip.

• Member For: 13y 4m 26d

Doesn't need to be so wide if they don't fit. The main problem is wheelspin on low throttle in 2nd and sometimes 3rd with 245's and ZF box so the rear is most important. So if 285's fit without mods and if Prodrive Performance parts come on line with mod Control Blades to allow 295 or 305 I'll smile.

Thanks for the links, checking them out now.

• Like 1

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members

What type 245's? After the dunlop sp sport maxx junk I had yokohama advan v103's, gripped better on rear but still spun. Now run 275 and they grip good on a stock F6. When there gone I will go 255 front and 285 on these rims.

20's wont help you get you grip.

Running Goodyear F1 assemetrical 245/40/18 on the stock rims and they are so much better than the Dunlop's. But the prices in 20's with these width my prove to be a budget buster. So ideas are welcomed.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 26d

Well the widest tyre I've managed to fit under the front of my BF was 275/35/18, But that was with -3.5° of camber. However I previously had 265/35/18 on the front with only -1.0° camber.

I'm thinking that it's safer to not be too silly on the front now, maybe just 255. More than that seems to be to much trouble although I'd like more. As rynof6 said I'd be better off with better rubber rather than width. Tocchi on the forum has run 10" on the front but I can't find more than that. How did it fit? Plus BF front ends have a different suspension setup to the FG. And 20" reads different to 18".

Do you cop alot of excessive inside wear with the camber? Or get the tyres rotated regularly? And what do you run with on the rear if you had 275 fronts?

Maybe road legal semi slicks. It doesn't rain much here.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 26d

I ran 275 allround, they were race semi slicks (Dunlop DZ03g's $650 a coner). 70m out from a hairpin doing 180kph, stand on the brakes and they would just chirp once but never could lock them up. My next step is to try and fit Kumho V710 in a 285 uner the front.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 9d

Be careful with camber. Ive been running 1.8 degrees up front till recently and the tyre were starting to feather on the inside edge. Just shimmed it out to bring it to a more respectable 1.1 degree neg camber. The wider the tyre the more wear youll encounter..