Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 8d

Wow they are nice!

Looks good.. Classic wheel

Is it just me or do black wheels look smaller in diameter than they really are ??

Black wheels definately look smaller than they are. I ran black on a jeep before with the same effect.

Needs more low, that will come after power mods.

Edited by RynoF6

• Member For: 13y 4m 6d

So guys just wondering, if you run say a plus 35 front and plus 38 rear does this mean that the dish on the rim outwords would be bigger or smaller than say a +30f and +35r. I think that sometimes the fronts just don't look like they have enough dish compared to the back, I would like plenty of dish rear and enough front to match.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this offset thing so I would say if anything both would be bigger? You don't want too much dish on the front or it looks silly plus the less you have on the front the more the back stands out. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

Yeah confusing really, the biggest problem is trying to find a wheel shop that is willing to show you the difference and show you what the wheels will look like on your car. You know what I mean but? you have like a 2.5 to 3 in. rear dish and the fronts are nearly flush or only have an inch, I think it looks abit funny that's all. I know you can't get that much dish on the front but if you have 3 in. on the back then I think 2- 2 1/4 or even 2 1/2 in. dish on the front would look better.Not even sure if this is even possible on the new cars but old xa, xb e.t.c can do it, just looks better IMHO.

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members

If you draw a line in the centre of the rim(width) +30 means the mounting face is 30mm towards the front(spokes) from that line. 0 offset would mount in the centre of the rim. Then the width comes into play, +30 on 8.5" would have less dish than +30 on 9.5.

Front wont usually have the same dish as rear because of the brake size. If you could fit the exact same wheel(size) to both then they will be same.

Some wheels you can order a different disk size(curvature of spokes) to fit over various brake packages. Step lip vs reverse lip, reverse can also show more dish. Mine above are step lip, reverse swaps that bump to the back making the rim flat.

Type of rim also determines if there is any dish at all

Edited by RynoF6

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

I gave up trying to work it out mate and just bought the ones I want, if they fit they fit if not I'll sell em.

3 inch isn't that much either btw, you'd want more then that on the back.

Yeah I know that 3 in. isn't the max, it was just an example that's all. I would just like a wheel shop that would show me what they look like, they used to, they did it on my gemini years ago.Ryno I would like to stay with the 19's and go a 8.5f and 9.5r, but truth is I think im going to have to go 20's to get a nice rim,then I would probably like to go 8.5 or 9f (if possible without rolling guards)and a 10 or 10.5r.I don't want any srubbing issues and I am going to lower the car once the rims are on with xyz coilovers so I can get it to a good height ( I 'm not a fan of really low cars )any idea of what you think I might be able run in offset to get my desired look im after.

• Like 1

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members

Back in May I was going to order some custom wheels from Work. I came up with 19x8.5 +25 and 19x9.5 +30 after looking at others and measuring. Found out the wheel I was after was discontinued so ended up getting something else. Some good info here too

Carefull measuring could get a 10 in a sedan FG with help from camber. No lip to roll on FG and heard the gaurds dont like being pulled.

Edited by RynoF6