Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 13y 4m 26d

So to clarify...and add a couple of questions...

The widest rims and tyre combination you could put under a standard FG XR6T without panel mods and standard suspension would be................................?

I'm only guessing from reading all the pages here but no-one gives a definitive answer.

20" x 8.5" with + 30 offset on the front. 255/35/20 rubber

20" x 10" with + 38 offset on the rear. 285/30/20 rubber

Is this right?

I'm after blacker than black rims for looks and wider tyres for function. I would like the biggest I can fit. Any recommendations for me in 20"'s ?

I'm also fitting an aftermarket FPV rear bar after a carpark ding, so while the car is being done with the left rear quarter having to be repaired or replaced,I could have mods done to fit bigger. What would be the best plan of attack do you think?

I read that Herrod's remove material from the IRS arms for more room. Channelling or cutting?

Is there is physically smaller suspension pieces that can be fitted to help with room, but not necessarily lowering the car?

Has anyone heard of modified rear quarters or panel extentions that work on an FG? Thinking of the mods on Dom's Charger rear quarters at the end of Fast5.

Or how much room can be pumped. If nickwalker tried, is a few mm's enough for 285's or 295' to fit on 10.5" on the rear?

Any help would be very welcome.

Shane

Edited by Dillz
Normal size font is fine.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Unless someone has actually done those exact specs it it's hard to tell mate. Not to mention when you lower it too.

I'm just gonna have a crack and see how I go, obviously I'll post my results and pics in this thread. The FG's have fark all lip to roll, I reckon 10's with 285's might fit without it. Hopefully.

Hi Dillz,

My post is an attempt to get all the facts on one page (or thread). I'm hoping that I can use other's expirence to best effect. And the question of bigger rims that will fit is constanly being asked. It would be awesome if there was a fully itemised page showing what fits standard and then what fits if you do one mod and so on. We all want more rear grip so lets share and find out how it's done.

Cheers,

Shane

• Donating Members

Yeah totally agree mate, that was sort of the idea for this thread.

Once there is more info (it hasn't really been around long enough yet) I can clean it up and put some more details in the first post. There isn't really that many people that I can think of that are running 20x10+ on FG's atm.

There has been a couple of articles in Motor and Wheels magazine where they compare "Hot Tuners" and mods have been fitting 10" rear rims with adjustments to the Independant Rear Suspension somehow, or cutting the Control Blade by taking a notch out of it somewhere and not touching the panel. So I'm hoping that some guys on the forum have gone further with mods for racing or what not, and have squeezed 10.5" or even 11" without tubbing or major modification. It's all about the offsets it seems.

Ford and F.P.V. are fitting 9.5" rears with 265's Dunlops on the back of the limited "Black" series, and factory cars need to meet exceptable tolerances, so there must be room for more.

Is there a good website for new rims that anyone knows about? I want to find the right set of 20" black rims for my black XR6T, slightly dished.

• Member For: 19y 10m 20d

I'm looking at a set of 20s for my XR50.. 20x8 fronts and 20x9.5 rears +36 offset.. I know they will fit the guards but does anyone know if they will fit 6 pot brembos at the front and 4 pots in the rear..

Unfortunately it's the only downside to the XR50 turbos.. The standard 19s won't clear the 6/4 brembo combo...

So if anyone can help shed some light then that would be tops.

Cheers,

Troy

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 5d

Depends on wheel style... No dish... Easily... Lots of dish... Depends on wheel style...

Going to check if these fit, just change the centre cap logo. In 20".found them on e-bay and their just bigger version of my standard rims. Some are made by a company called Apec so maybe they have some to fit XR6T's. Although if someone made the rims from the new Lambo Aventador I'd grab them in a heartbeat.post-43027-0-10506400-1316492401_thumb.jpost-43027-0-38368700-1316492589_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Donating Members

I have a feeling bmw have a 120 stud pattern mate, they're the X5 wheels yeah?