removing accelerator pedal box

Force88

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 10d

ive got the p2138 code coming up on my xcal3 and the engine light for a few years now and thought id get around to fixing it before it just goes full limp mode on me. ive had the TPS replaced previously for a ridiculous $800 and the code still showed so my last guess is that the pedal box needs replacing. I can see that some people on here have replaced them and its quite a tricky job but the place that said they could do it for me said they would charge $900 :S so hopefully I can pick up a cheap one off ebay or a wreckers and give it a go myself. what exactly needs to be removed to get this thing out?

• Donating Members

haven't had any vacuum testing done, I assumed it could only be the pedal causing the error. what I mean is pulling this part out and replacing it. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152219269196?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT this is the thing that the error code is referring to isnt it?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

I've seen P2138 due to vacuum leaks. The Pcm cannot correlate the throttle blade position against the Pedal Position due to the unmetered air entering through the vac leak.

I'd do a simple vac leak test before pulling out the pedal box.

• Donating Members

ok cheers for that, will have to find somewhere close that can do one for me. it recently got tuned and had its valve springs replaced so im not sure if it was checked after the work was done but the tuner never mentioned anything about a possible vacuum leak.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 25d

I recently went to my tuna and got him to spend 15 mins hooking up their special workshop fabricated joiner for the turbo inlet.

Then then connected the air line to the thing and checked for boost leak for the inlet manifold. 

I take it that this is the same thing?