FPV FG GS SC vs F6

zafeniak

• Member For: 17y 5m 29d

Hi Guys-

I currently have a 2012 FPV GS Mk11 with a tune and CAI, pushing out 367wkw. It's been great so far and I am looking at stage 4 upgrade packages (intercooler, smaller pulley, high flow cat, larger injectors and fuel pump).

These packages seem to be going for around $12-$13k and as I understand the expected power output would be around 450rwkw.

Now before I dive in an go ahead, I was wondering if it would be more cost effective to sell my car, by an F6 and invest $13k in to that. I understand that the max power output would be less with the F6, but comparing a few dyno graphs, I can generally see that the torque from 2500rpm --> 4800rpm on the F6 is significantly more than the GS. After that the torque curve on the F6 really drops off, where as the GS is linear right up until 6200rpm.

Now with this being said, what would be a quicker car down the qtr mile; GS with the stage 4 package pushing ~450rwkw, or an F6 with $12k invested in it (pushing somewhere around 360-370rwkw I imagine??)

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

They'll be similar in terms of quarter times. The supercharged 5L will run similar times to a turbo 4L (assuming same ZF gearbox) that has about ~70kW less than it.

The F6 will feel faster, though, due to the way that the torque is delivered for the F6.

You could make a tidy profit by selling your car and modifying an F6.

You will sacrifice sound quality (in terms of exhaust) for the F6, though.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 5d

Fyi for 13k u would be pushing 400rwkw in the f6 on 98.... 420-440rw on e85

If you can find one that has low km and a few upgrades already your in the green coin wise.

Cooler, valve springs and zorst are the biggest investment.

Though if u start going for +500rw then fuel system will start costing.

Plenty of barras pushing 450rwkw with 200,000km on em. Strong engines mate.

Edited by BAXRTUTE