Ba xr6 door seals, air con vent and rough idle

Hezabot

• Member For: 7y 8m 14d

Ba xr6 manual t56

1. I've been in about 10 different ba's and they've all done it. Door seals, always coming loose and getting caught out side the door and not letting it close properly. 

2. Rear aircon vent, keeps falling off and will not clip in anymore. What's cause if it and what's the fix?

3. Rough idle, not sure if this is just the 4.0l's or the v8's aswell. At idle it runs like sh*t, revs can't stay still and aircon just makes it so much worse. Have had it stall a couple times it gets that bad and sh*t just vibrates.

any information would be greatly appreciated, love my falcon but these little thing really bug me and I'm finally gonna try get some answers. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

1. The door seals is normal. Get some silicon filler/glue stuff and put 'em back in place.

2. Never heard of that happening, but it'll likely be a tiny piece of snapped plastic. If you can pull it apart and have a look and find the bit, superglue should hold it back together. If not, get a new one from a wrecker.

3. Tuned? if so, take it to the tuner. If not tuned, clean up throttle body and turbo piping,  then check PCV valve to make sure it's correctly sealing.

• Like 1

1/2. I'll give that a go

3. I have 2, one turbo and one n/a (both do it) the n/a is tuned (done it before tuner) I have cleaned the throttle body (only used $20 can of themrpttle body cleaner) almost no difference. Just bought the turbo, was told it was tuned but no paper work, I'm yet to I've the thriller body and piping a clean.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Check engine mounts, anything that could vac leak and all intake piping. These sorts of things can be difficult to find, but your tuner should be well practiced at finding this sort of fault.

I just went out there and fiddled with the pcv (unplugged it, then plugged it back in) it didn't do it when the pcv wasn't in (I did break the pcv, but atleast I have a fix). I'll give it a throttle body clean and replace the pipe from the pcv just so I know it's all cleaned. 2 years I've been trying to find this out and mechanics had just said it's the engine, that's what they do and I knew there was a fix 

Edited by Hezabot