Boot Lip Spoilers

ML24

• Member For: 7y 5m 27d

Hi All

Has anyone got a boot lip spoiler (aftermarket/OEM) that is not the standard XR boot spoiler? If so, what are your thoughts? Can anyone who has done either of these already provide some info?

I'd like to change mine to a simple lip spoiler like the G6E, but don't want to have to get a new boot/weld up holes/do bodywork etc: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FG-FALCON-G6E-BOBTAIL-SPOILER-/231394931610?hash=item35e036739a:g:ui0AAOSwj0NUasuS

Alternative is this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FG-FALCON-DJR-REAR-BOBTAIL-SPOILER-WITH-LED-UNPAINTED-/122060932387?hash=item1c6b660523:g:E6sAAOSwf-VWXpUX

From some quick reading, the fitment isn't great and will still probably need a bodyshop to install along with prime/paint.

Thanks

• Member For: 11y 3m 4d

I had a djr briefly on my fg,changed my mind  and put original back on,just didnt do it for me.piss easy to mount though,the hardest bit was threading the brake light wire down the guts of the spoiler thru a little hole on the underside.make  sure to put felt under it or it will rub on the paintwork.it bolts up to the existing bolt holes,covers them completely.lines up perfectly too at least mine did. The only real drama I had was getting it painted by 3 different painters because they couldn't match the bastard paint

Edited by damo6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 7y 5m 27d

Has anyone gone spoiler-less? If so, what are you using to plug up the holes in the boot? 

If I were to go the smaller lip that will be held on with double sided tape, how can I plug the holes if I want to go back to stock spoiler later?

Thanks

• Member For: 7y 10m 29d

Supercrap auto or bunnings have plastic push on plugs. They look tacky but do the job if you put some silicon on the inside of the boot hole. 

The best option is to get an xt bootlid from the wreckers. 

• Member For: 7y 10m 29d

It's illegal. 

Again off to the wreckers for an xt parcel tray light. 

Or you could get tricky with an led strip somewhere. 

• Member For: 12y 7m 23d

You can just cut the carpet of the XR parcel shelf and fit the light from a spoiler less model easy enough. The parcel shelf carpet is just held onto the sheetmetal by xmas tree clips.

Pull the wiring out from the bootlid, leave it in the boot and plug in the new light.

I did it when fitting a force lip on a XR.

The cops love defecting the Late model camira kids for no high level brake light .