Fuel pressure reg for walbro e85 in tank.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

From what we know and that's the fact the B series tank is designed in such a way that surge is a fact of life hence why the surge tank was designed so any B series going for over 350rwkw will need a fuel demand that the stock fuel tanks design can cause this problem ( surge ) 

yeh sure you can have a big intank module installed but you cant escape the fact of a design flaw and if you're one to get your kicks out at the track or even boosting through the hills at under 1/2 tank of fuel you will run the risk of a major lean out Situation 

Places like KPM offer intank options but they suggest and recommend the FG fuel tank is installed as the FG suffers far less surge capabilities under lower fuel quanity levels so a big intank is better suited to a FG tank/platform 

only three weeks ago a member on here suffered surge in his B series after being sold north of $1200 worth of intank module on his B series that was "guaranteed" to not surge AT ALL. 

Information is key people's :) 

• Member For: 7y 10m 30d

Here's a good read about single 044's

mad beef in there lol! 

Pretty much sums up why a single intake can work but isn't the ideal set up.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Sure is some big stuff that went down in that thread back in the day hahaha 

its a blinder for sure but over the years the old 044 was pretty much all we had to work with until recent times and on paper an 044 is out before 400 on E85 but we've seen places like Nizpro push over 450 on the trusty 044 !

it all comes down to a more complete set up for reliability and I've personally pushed the good faith of average parts over the years ! Something something 132mph on 60lb injectors something something xD 

• Member For: 7y 6m 15d

Thanks for all your input lads.

I didn't realise the B Series fuel tank was that bad.

Some cars have a bit of old wives tails etc about stuff like that, but proof is in the pudding I guess.

Car is currently running a CMS tune, 330kw/1190nm, MTA750/FMIC/Intake/Exhaust/044/60lb's/SCT X3, so your standard-ish XR6 setup.

I already know Im certainly pushing the friendship with the stock engine with this setup, and it'll go 400 as it is with some more boost and tuning on 98. Ive seen people like GUN-808 have gone 450+ on the MTA750 Turbo on e85.

Car will be being tuned by Shaun @ Boostworx here in SA, he's tuned everything for me for the last 15 years, so he'll be punching the 1's and 0's.

Im not adverse to spending money on setting up, but if I could get away with a drop in pump/injectors/reg, I would. No track work/hills runs or anything, just straight line/drags and street driving is all. I guess at this point the question is now weather I add a surge and second 044, or go for a surge/larger single pump haha.

(Or whether I aim a little lower, and Use a single 044 and a surge tank, and swap injectors if I need to)

I think I know the answer but does the reg still need changing with say a second 044, or a pierberg/A1000/Holley Dominator etc?

Edited by Ben_BAXR6

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

single 460 in tank, single 460 in process west surge, 1000cc injectors. that's all you need for the power you want. Dont need fuel rail or reg.......... Mmmm I may be wrong, reg maybe required. Need to ask the system supplier.

Edited by arronm

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d
2 hours ago, Ben_BAXR6 said:

What main pump are you using?

stock intank, surge has a upgraded pierberg pump.

nizzy stopped mine around 430kw ish with the 044. pushed around 450 atm with more boost with the new surge pump.

as azza said the more fuel and extra pumps you throw at it, you will need a rail and reg. 

have you said what end power your going for?

• Member For: 7y 6m 15d

Im trying to haha, I didn't think it got simpler than a drop in pump and injectors.

Ill probably just add a second 044, as I already have one, and just a surge tank.

Use whatever pump is in the tank now, and a set of 1000cc injectors, and swap regs if I need to.

42 minutes ago, Ford Freak said:

stock intank, surge has a upgraded pierberg pump.

nizzy stopped mine around 430kw ish with the 044. pushed around 450 atm with more boost with the new surge pump.

as azza said the more fuel and extra pumps you throw at it, you will need a rail and reg. 

have you said what end power your going for?

No set goal to be honest, whatever the engine and turbo will let me make. Im aiming to get into the low 10's, and looking at cars like APS and Dyno-mite 430-450 kw's will do it. I know its all subjective, and people have gone faster on less etc, but cars like that are what Im looking at. There's already a pair of 275 D/R's in the shed waiting.

36 minutes ago, arronm said:

Single 460 will see you into the 500s on E85. Pretty sure he isnt going that far.

Correct. I don't think the MTA 750 would get there.