Think I need to regap plugs

Wenier

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 5d

Getting a bit of a miss at idle and throughout the rev range.

Think I need to look at re-gapping plugs,

20161220_013538_zpshz49qpk6.jpg

:ohnoes:

• Like 2

• Donating Members

I'll be pulling the motor out.  Feel its best to reach through the sump to change the spark plugs, and the fact the spark plug actually got hit by piston.

• Donating Members

Yea, made me chuckle after a while to.  Initially wasn't too happy about it.

So as an early xmas present the engine has gone south.  As I said gotta pull motor and strip to rebuild depending on what is going on inside.

Bonus to all this is I have purchased a hoist to install in shed to be able to do the work a bit easier, unfortunately its not a clearfloor hoist but one day I will change it out for clearfloor type when I have jacked roof up higher.

The vehicle was running about 300rwkw which it has been for the last 3/4 years no issues, then the other day not far into a fresh tank of 98 it has done that to #6 piston, spark plug, etc.  Can't say what has been the cause yet, could be tune, could be fuel, who knows.

So it has come to rebuilding the motor.  It is a BF2 ute so was thinking replace pistons with forged pistons, install some heavy duty/uprated valve springs, and upgrading the fuel system at the pump end, maybe surge maybe just intank pump upgrade.  I also have an FG intake manifold lying around so thought I should chuck that in, I have Deka 60s and considering replacing those also.  All up I'm thinking to aim for 350rwkw with the rebuild and figured I should just build it strong so it can make this power reliably.

I haven't been on the forum much in the last few years with life being a bit busy at times so any feedback on my ideas on pointers/direction to go with what I'm planning is appreciated.

O and Merry Christmas everyone, hope ya been having a good day out there.