Limits for a G6ET Single Spinner?

Lolsen

• Member For: 7y 3m 10d

Hi guys,

Will be getting my next car early next year and it's most likely going to be xr6t or g6et, now I've fallen in love with the g6et and am leaning down that path currently (ever since I saw a silver g6et with gold simmons and xr8 bonnet - simple but elegant)

Looking for more information on the limitations of having the single as compared to an xr6t with an lsd.

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d

Ever driven a car with half decent power in the wet with a single spinner? 

Its farken scary. Not to mention really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. 

First mod would be to get a diff from an xr6 or rebuild the g6 diff with a true trac. 

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d

true trac bliss for a car that was never meant to have so much power.

Grampa's on steroids comes to mind.

No LSD

No manuals.

What were ford thinking.

They were thinking that the car was suppose to be owned by 50+'s and tow caravans.

But the mk2 g6et looks so steath and tidy it's a farkn shame. Ford missed the target with this model run.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 26d
13 hours ago, ROB83R said:

Its farken scary. Not to mention really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. 

if you are an inexperienced driver the opposite is true.

a LSD diff in the wet, the inexperienced driver is more than likely to swap ends (even in the dry) 

the single spinner on the other hand will just get a little bit out of shape and easier to get back under control.

many a young driver has ended up wrapped around a tree or a pole cos they thought they had everything under control.  

• Like 4

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d
15 hours ago, Lolsen said:

Hi guys,

Will be getting my next car early next year and it's most likely going to be xr6t or g6et, now I've fallen in love with the g6et and am leaning down that path currently (ever since I saw a silver g6et with gold simmons and xr8 bonnet - simple but elegant)

Looking for more information on the limitations of having the single as compared to an xr6t with an lsd.

Just add GOLD SIMMONS...........elegant!! further from elegant. Add the XR8 bonnet yes but it's a NO on the Simmons. Keep it looking stock it's the ultimate sleeper.

I know.

15 hours ago, ROB83R said:

First mod would be to get a diff from an xr6 or rebuild the g6 diff with a true trac. 

Only real men drive single spinners with extra power..........lol It's fun.

True Trac 100%

14 hours ago, Box stock T. said:

true trac bliss for a car that was never meant to have so much power.

Grampa's on steroids comes to mind.

No LSD

No manuals.

What were ford thinking.

They were thinking that the car was suppose to be owned by 50+'s and tow caravans.

But the mk2 g6et looks so steath and tidy it's a farkn shame. Ford missed the target with this model run.

30+ and tow caravan. Happy Times = Happy Camper.

20150115_101126_zps3b4dc9e7.jpg

G6ET-2_zpsc5c3afee.jpg

G6ET-8_zps090ef5ab.jpg

All class

• Like 4

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m
15 hours ago, ROB83R said:

hmmm I agree but then when you've driven a car with an LSD and lots of power its more scary hahahah

47 minutes ago, bloodycrashboy said:

many a young driver has ended up wrapped around a tree or a pole cos they thought they had everything under control.  

hahahahhahaha oh man the first few times I lost this BF while messing around was not so fun. somebody said boost can be like a a light turning on and they weren't wrong hahahahah.

best description for g6et is 'wolf in sheeps clothing'

would get an xr6t though for the LSD personally. nothing like tripping out while driving ;)

Edited by skidxr6t

• Member For: 8y 11m 21d
1 hour ago, Pixy Angel said:

20150115_101126_zps3b4dc9e7.jpg

Perfect example of what I was talking about....

G6ET-2_zpsc5c3afee.jpg

And that is the Gsixer to get.

Stunning looking car. Factory sleeper. Pity about the diff setup.

Surely ford could have at least put a LSD in the arse end.

No manuals. Could live with that.

For how much they asked for them,has to have an lsd especially turbo versions.

G6ET-8_zps090ef5ab.jpg

This is the exact car that I mentioned.

Very classy ride pix's.

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 7m 3d

Its fine as a stocker and driven normally. Turn the traction control off and you never really know what your going to get when it comes on....that's when it gets dangerous

Mine is dead stock and on the HWY I've had the traction light flicker on whilst overtaking in the rain...

Its not a deal breaker considering the rest of the car and easy enough to swap in a factory LSD when doing the rear bushes.

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 10m 9d
5 hours ago, bloodycrashboy said:

if you are an inexperienced driver the opposite is true.

a LSD diff in the wet, the inexperienced driver is more than likely to swap ends (even in the dry) 

the single spinner on the other hand will just get a little bit out of shape and easier to get back under control.

A single spinner will light up one wheel then switch to 2 then back to one. They're farked. Ever had a car full opposite lock and it grips? 

that's how you end up in poles and trees. 

A good tight lsd is predictable. Easy to control also. Even better is a locker. I used to have plenty of fun with my mini spoiled diff. Top gear skids in the rain at 100km/h were a breeze. You knew exactly where the back end was going. 

Even worse than a single is a busted lsd. 

I've had a couple BW lsd go loose. It was like Russian roulette. 

5 hours ago, skidxr6t said:

hmmm I agree but then when you've driven a car with an LSD and lots of power its more scary hahahah

hahahahhahaha oh man the first few times I lost this BF while messing around was not so fun. somebody said boost can be like a a light turning on and they weren't wrong hahahahah.

Nothing to be scared of Johnny. I bet you got used to it very fast. Nothing like power skids. 

• Like 1