Power steering reservoir relocated

[THOMMO]

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

@HI PSI did it to his car. He should be able to help you out :)

So did @Ralph Wiggum, from memory.

You can just grab all of the parts for the XR8 power steering from Ford and I believe it's not too much hassle to fit into place.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

I didn't tap a thread into the pump as I thought there was not enough meat there. Welding wasn't an option due to how close the seals are to that spot.

I ended up having a fitting machined up with an O Ring which is press fitted into the pump.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

I got mine done at Ultimate Power Steering at Brendale. It's something any power steering place could do I'm guessing. You will just have to take your pump down there, he used a -10 flare fitting and machined that.

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

Thommo, there's enough meat in the pump inlet fitting bore to take it for a dash 10 o ring fitting. Then it's simply a matter of plumbing it with appropriate an fittings. 

Otherwise there is a commodore pump (ve possibly)  that's identical to the ford pump but has a push on hose fitting rather than an oring bore. 

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 11m

We  installed an AU power steering fitting in the bottom line of my pump. We drilled an tapped the top line to suit a -10 blanking bung and drilled the centre of it out to suit a banjo fitting and fitted and o'ring behind it.... make sure that you use a bigger feed line than I did, and make sure  that the return line enters the resevoir  below the resevoir fluid line. Otherwise, you will have cavitation issues.....

Bung%202_zpsq59wuyoi.jpg

Fitting%202_zpsptnlwaef.jpg

Modify you lines by silver soldering on some weld on fitting. make sure that you sufficiently counter sink where the pipe enters the fitting.

20150728_110622_zps4gjg6hk3.jpg

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2