Clutch disengagement issues

rollex

• Member For: 9y 10m 11d

It's basically brand new from malwood roughly a year ago when the plastic bit broke off my factory one.

Be pretty annoyed if his expensive one has sh*t the bed already.

• Member For: 11y 5m 13d
On 05/12/2016 at 0:43 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Air is getting into the system during operation. 4 days appears to be long enough for it to bleed out. 

Check the obvious connections and alignment of the MC. If it's on the piss it may draw air in during movement.

If nothing obvious presents itself topside it's likely a CSC issue. Doubly so if there is black gunk building up in the fluid.

Also if you feeling the car move when the syncro's are trying to brake the input shaft motion you're wearing them very quickly.

Also, if the clutch point has changed without any mechanical reason (ie after you had the correct PP installed and the crush depth set) but after the MC was changed it's possible the adjustment is incorrect and you're not getting full travel out of the MC.

could you further explaing what you mean by alignment of MC?

Well wasn't too bad this morning but still something wrong with it. Sometimes second goes in smooth as butter, other times even double declutching it in and it has a crunch.

It is just so inconsistent, sometimes you can push it into gear with 1 finger, other times you have to really force your hand on the stick. Feels like the friction point shifts quite dramatically as well, meaning I bunny hop around car parks as the friction point moves by a whole inch, then immediately goes back to normal and makes me think I'm going crazy and just imagining it.

Doing my head in...

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 11y 5m 13d

I had/have the same problem in my e92 m3 . I've replaced clutch, flywheel , slave and master and was still having clutch engagement point issues and gear crunches .

a month ago I decided to randomly install solid engine mounts and the clutch engagement point seems to be fine now and gear crunches have reduced by 80% , maybe it is alignment issue if engine moves too much , I think my front suspension is also shot 

would brake  master cylinder be causing issues with clutch? Isn't the whole hydraulic system connected ?

I put new engine mounts in not that long ago but pretty sure they are shagged already. I swear these cars eat bushes for breakfast, crazy has fast they sh*t themselves.

All the gearbox bolts like undoing themselves as well, even with loctite on them every mechanic that looks at it says they have worked loose.

edit: What does an auto conversion cost? Lol

Is there any vacuum boost on the master?

Edited by rollex

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
6 minutes ago, rollex said:

I put new engine mounts in not that long ago but pretty sure they are shagged already. I swear these cars eat bushes for breakfast, crazy has fast they sh*t themselves.

All the gearbox bolts like undoing themselves as well, even with loctite on them every mechanic that looks at it says they have worked loose.

edit: What does an auto conversion cost? Lol

Sounds like you've got an alignment issues between the bolt and engine block. Erratic clutch operation and self loosening gearbox mounting bolts are not normal.

Does the car have any accident history?

The front right quarter and bumper have been replaced at some stage before I bought it. Everything looks ok underneath though and this problem is very new, eg the past ~6 months.

So it is definitely possible though I would have thought by dropping the box and tightening everything up it would have improved things. Box has been out a lot of times though due to the wrong pressure plate meaning it's been out about 5x now.