aftermarket engine, exhaust parts etc that fit both TT and XR6T

AlexTT2006

• Member For: 7y 6m 20d

hi everyone

having one of those days where I should of stayed in bed !! I have spent the last 1.5 hours on the internet trying to find with aftermarket performance parts fit both the TT and the XR6T, there is alot of used XR6 aftermarket bolt on goodies for sale and hardly any TT parts :(

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

What exactly are you after as yes some share both platforms and others will be specific 

any intake,intercooler kits,exhausts will be TT specific 

injectors,fuel rails,turbos,valvesprings will be shared as a start 

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 14y 7m 27d
On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, AlexTT2006 said:

hi everyone

having one of those days where I should of stayed in bed !! I have spent the last 1.5 hours on the internet trying to find with aftermarket performance parts fit both the TT and the XR6T, there is alot of used XR6 aftermarket bolt on goodies for sale and hardly any TT parts :(

Yeah it's something I've often wondered as well? I have a 12 XR6T and the missus has an 07 Terra Turbo Ghia and recently we had a situation where the head on her TTG corroded out around the #4 sparkplug hole and was causing it to misfire :ermm:

Our mechanic was initially worried as he called around and no one had heard of the head on a TT needing replacing let alone had one and it was only after lots of phone calls that he found out that the TT and the XR6T heads were the same ;)

I knew the turbo side of things were different but was honestly surprised the heads were the same :blink:

Again a few years back we had an issue where the oil light was coming on and after some research on here worked out that it was related to this little inline filter which apparently would get clogged and on the Falcons wasn't routed the same and you didn't know it was clogged till the turbo starved of oil and junked itself :omg:

It's something I'll have to keep an eye on but it'd be handy to know what parts generally not just aftermarket parts are interchangeable between the two ;)

Edited by Para045

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Yep, heads are the same. Bugger that it took you so long to find that information.

Turbo is roughly the same, in terms of exhaust manifold, turbo itself. Just different dump pipe and air intake piping plus minor differences in the cooler piping.

Yep, the same oil feed to the turbo as in the sedan models which is known to cause oil starvation when the filter gets blocked. Again, bugger that you had to find that out the hard way.