GTX3584RS Turbo

058OYS

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 27d

I doubt it would make 1000hp with the 1.1 housing, would have to go the 1.45 and that would be pretty laggy in comparison.

Looks like a killer turbo though, should fill the gap between the GTX3582 and the GTX4294 nicely.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

You can get them with the 1.21AR housing. I think 1000hp would be a stretch but not impossible. 

Here is the compressor and turbine maps and roughly speaking I think 1000hp would require 100lbs/min airflow so it would out off the compressor's efficiency levels but people stretch the little gtx3576 pretty far off its rated efficiency maps also. Would need around 26psi and 6500RPM for 90lbs/min. or 30psi could see you at 100lbs/min :drivingalong:

GEN2GTX3584RS_CompMap.jpg

GEN2GTX3584RS_TurbineMap.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 7y 9m 12d

this is exactly the thread I was looking for.... would also love to see results if people have any? real shame its all V band, doesnt make for an easy bolt on application

the old 2680rs disco potato was an epic little turbo for the 2lt jap motors

• Like 1

• Member For: 7y 6m 18d

Rang GCG last week re replacement setups, they can build up a T3 housing on the RS or any other in that range, but you have to buy the complete unit + the swap over housing. So they said it's specific to the gtx2 turbine so no nicking an old one off a stock unit either

• 2 weeks later...
  • MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d
On 12/02/2017 at 3:05 PM, [THOMMO] said:

this is exactly the thread I was looking for.... would also love to see results if people have any? real shame its all V band, doesnt make for an easy bolt on application

the old 2680rs disco potato was an epic little turbo for the 2lt jap motors

I love my Disco potato on my celica. Well gtx version of it..

Great turbo

• Member For: 7y 9m 12d
On 13/02/2017 at 3:06 PM, oldturtle22 said:

Rang GCG last week re replacement setups, they can build up a T3 housing on the RS or any other in that range, but you have to buy the complete unit + the swap over housing. So they said it's specific to the gtx2 turbine so no nicking an old one off a stock unit either

Ahhh so buy the turbo and a second housing to swap. Still make it cheaper than custom manifold 

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 6m 26d